Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What can I wear with this dress? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've just bought this dress online, but I'm not quite sure how to dress it up?
    I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I think you should just bin the dress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by favouriteworstnightmare)
    Thank you!

I'd probably do a black thick belt around the waist or above the waist, under the breasts or something, and black heels, red lipstick

ReputationRep:
    :/
    it looks a bit...

ReputationRep:
    Go commando. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    It looks very figure-hugging it depends where you want to go with this dress?
    I'd definitely recommend some killer heels and a big bold necklace

ReputationRep:
    A bra

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountDuckula)
    It looks very figure-hugging it depends where you want to go with this dress?
    I'd definitely recommend some killer heels and a big bold necklace
    Yeah, it's a bodycon
    I wouldn't normally go for velvet, but I really like it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm no fashion-guru, and I may be wrong...but I don't like the look of that dress at all :no:

But to be a little constructive, I can't see what more you would want to add on top of that dress...I think it would look good as it is shown. Although it would be freeeeezing to wear that out in this climate :shock:

ReputationRep:
    Long necklace (silver, maybe?) with black tights and heels.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't wear a belt with it coz its a statement dress. wear black shoeboots, big gold earrings ( not the tack kind the nice ones) and a big necklace, big hair etc..

ReputationRep:
    That's one of the velvet dresses from new look isn't it?

I'd wear it with lots of bracelets/bangles and rings rather than a necklace because it has 3/4 sleeves, but that's just my opinion - I think scoop necks can look a bit weird with necklaces sometimes. What's the occasion? If you are wearing it out at night you'll probably need some opaque tights since it's so cold, and if you wear black tights with black shoe boots it'll make your legs look longer.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's a bodycon
    I wouldn't normally go for velvet, but I really like it!
    Velvet can look really nice, depending what you wear with it! plus, it gives more warmth than most other fabrics so you're also being winter smart ^^
    Definitely show off your legs with this dress - gorgeous as well as classy

ReputationRep:
    i have this dress i wore it with black tights and black platform shoe boots

ReputationRep:
    OMG!!!!! I just bought this dress off New Look 10minutes ago, a fiver on sale right?

lol on reading back, I see everyone has this haha.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

The dress looks ok, it looks figure hugging so you will maybe need to think about what you will be wearing under it or not wearing under it as depending what you wear under it a vpl could show but if your happy with that it doesn't matter or if you don't like a vpl then go commando

Wear some black heels should look good, maybe put some bangles or something on as well, a neckless would also be good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    OMG!!!!! I just bought this dress off New Look 10minutes ago, a fiver on sale right?

lol on reading back, I see everyone has this haha.
    Yeah, haha! I've wanted it for ages but I was browsing, saw it for a fiver and couldn't resist :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, haha! I've wanted it for ages but I was browsing, saw it for a fiver and couldn't resist :P
    Lol I was looking for boots to buy for the snow, saw this for a fiver AND free delivery!! There goes lunch tomorrow ¬¬ haha.
    They have a gorgeous green velvet thin strapped dress at H&M as well. Got that last weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelpMeI)
    I'd probably do a black thick thin belt around the waist or above the waist, under the breasts or something, and black heels, red lipstick
    I wish I could double strike out under the breasts lol.
    Sorry but i really detest those thick elasticated waist belts people wear under their boobies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    I wish I could double strike out under the breasts lol.
    Sorry but i really detest those thick elasticated waist belts people wear under their boobies.
    Yeah, I wasn't really thinking of wearing a thick belt.
    It'd take away from the dress, I think?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.