Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can girls do banter? Watch

ReputationRep:
    New to the forum so I'm not entirely sure if this sensitive subject has already been discussed but I don't think it's possible for girls to understand banter, let alone use it themselves.

Surely I'm not alone in thinking so, girls, feel free to "prove me wrong"

ReputationRep:
    Some girls have no balls, yes, but we do engage in banter!

I'll have you know the best banter is mixed sex banter :yep: and i do agree that male banter is more liberal and easier to enjoy, but females do exist who successfully partake in banterment. The only issue is the heavy hint of misogyny and LADish behaviour which is often tied to said banter.

You obviously do not keep very interesting male company.

ReputationRep:
    girls find it impossible to make the noise of "a machine gun too"

ReputationRep:
    I'll have you know all of my friends are female and not one of them is what i would deem to be banterous. I sit at home day after day crying out for a male friend to partake in activities of a banterous nature...

ReputationRep:
    Girls cannot do bant IMO, Shaun I will be your pal

ReputationRep:
    Some/most girls are horrendously bad at banter, there are some that are good craic though

ReputationRep:
    The difference is: female banter extends to other than quoting Family Guy and farting in each others faces, unlike their male counterparts. Otherwise known as 'manter'.

BOOM! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    The difference is: female banter extends to other than quoting Family Guy and farting in each others faces, unlike their male counterparts.

BOOM! :awesome:
    That reply is, in itself, a poor attempt at banter. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun1h)
    That reply is, in itself, a poor attempt at banter. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOM
    An incessant little one aren't you dear?

Is every post supposed to be an attempt at banter? If so, your OP is fecking disgraceful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    An incessant little one aren't you dear?

Is every post supposed to be an attempt at banter? If so, this is fecking disgraceful.
    hahaha, calm down, I just wanted to say BOOOOM plus i couldn't think of anything worthwhile to contribute to the forum as you can probably tell by my other threads...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    Some girls have no balls, yes, but we do engage in banter!

I'll have you know the best banter is mixed sex banter :yep: and i do agree that male banter is more liberal and easier to enjoy, but females do exist who successfully partake in banterment. The only issue is the heavy hint of misogyny and LADish behaviour which is often tied to said banter.

You obviously do not keep very interesting male company.
    Nah, girls are unable to banter

ReputationRep:
    I'll prove you wrong....

We enjoy bantering.....but we probably laugh at different things though...

anyway define the term Banter...

ReputationRep:
    Banter about banter is poor banter.

I think most girls take personal remarks too seriously so don't have much banter amongst themselves... banter between men and women is flirty though right?

ReputationRep:
    Certainly; I just feel that men are often better at initiating it.

ReputationRep:
    male banter is so the best!! especially when you drag a woman into it :L

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to stray from the topid, but this reminds me of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKFjWR7X5dU

I usually banter with my male friends... girls (generally speaking) seem to take things to heart rather quickly. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    We're actually incapable of banter...it's a physical ailment, and it's frightening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun1h)
    New to the forum so I'm not entirely sure if this sensitive subject has already been discussed but I don't think it's possible for girls to understand banter, let alone use it themselves.

Surely I'm not alone in thinking so, girls, feel free to "prove me wrong"
    Duhh of coursee its possible for girls to do banter usually wayy better than guys so theree youu go!.. well my mates and I do it all the time.. but idk some girls could find it sensitive depending on what you say lol

ReputationRep:
    When the football's on I give as good as I get.

ReputationRep:
    yes we can, the problem is either guys take it too far or think you're flirting with them. :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.