Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how to travel on a limited budget? Watch

ReputationRep:
    im going to be taking a gap year after i graduate in the summer. im desperate to travel but i cant really afford it. does anyone know of any good jobs/organisations to do abroad? im applying for a job teaching english in japan for 2mths and im thinking about doing camp america but both those jobs would only be over summer. im especially keen on travelling to SE Asia and Australia/NZ...

i know there are tons of volunteer organisations but they're all so expensive! iv heard of platform2, does anyone know of any similar organisations?

cheers!

ReputationRep:
    You could try wwoofing. Work on a farm for lodging and food.

But, depending on where you're going in Asia, day to day expenses shouldn't be relatively small. Obviously this isn't gonna be the case in somewhere like Japan, but if you're in Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos etc. you won't need much to live off. Depends what kind of standard of living you're wanting as well though.

ReputationRep:
    If your good at writing reviews maybe you could earn money

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.