Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Arsenal tickets at Emirates - general sale? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

There are a few games at Emirates coming up that I'd like to see: Everton on 1 February and Leeds on 8 January for the FA Cup. From calling the ticket office and looking around their web site, it seems like home tickets do not go on general sale to the public very often. It looks like you just have to wait and see 2-3 weeks before the game if they're going on general sale.

Does anyone have any advice for me on this? Do you think I'll be OK getting tickets for these matches or should I just buy membership for this season so I'd have more of a chance?

Buying football tickets can be so complicated sometimes..

ReputationRep:
    Season is quite a while in, so, is a season membership going to be worth it?

I'd just wait 2-3 weeks before, or ask the office to put you on the top of the waiting list for 'general sale to the public'.

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I get the impression that even as a Red member it is pretty difficult to get tickets as they are sold first to gold/silver members of which there are a substantial number and the only way you can get to gold without waiting a LONG time is by being a Junior Gunner first which I assume you are to old to do now? So you are probably best just waiting and hoping, football is too popular these days! A 60,000 seat stadium and still not enough seats :P Of course one of the things i've noticed is that on bad weather days less people go so you may be able to get a ticket if thats the case? Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    You could try going to an Arsenal forum, or looking up your local supporters club. I'm sure there would be someone accommodating enough to order a ticket for you, and supporters clubs usually have an allocation for fans in their area.

ReputationRep:
    I got some for the 1st 2 CL home games, other than that it seems impossible

ReputationRep:
    For some reason, I keep getting texts from O2 offering me Priority tickets to Arsenal games. I'm a Chelsea fan, goddammit. Maybe you should switch to O2.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for the O2 tip -- my old phone is on O2 and I have a priority account with them still. The games I want aren't on sale there (yet?) but this looks like it might be my best bet. So thanks!

I looked into supporters clubs, but I need 2 tickets to the games and to buy 2 memberships would be quite pricey. Same deal for becoming a red member with the club itself.

I might try the forums too, good idea

ReputationRep:
    No chance those will go general sale, for the most part only Carling Cup and mid-week CL games (during group stage) make it to general sale

ReputationRep:
    I've been to a few games this season from general sale - in fairness, mostly carling cup but they do go on general sale for the smaller games.

Both of those games i would imagine are smaller enough if you're quick.

I'm wanting to goto the Wolves and QPR games so im just checking everyday to see if they're up.

I think it works by if enough are sold to every other kind of member they dont bother with general sale... so best chance with smaller games!

Also, when they do go up, they are often 'limited availability' and the site will only let you buy 1 ticket... i've heard it's best to call up the box office at that point because they can get 2 seats next to each other more easily.

Good luck and say hi to robin for me <3

p.s. oh also, it's not worth getting red now cos you've missed half the season, i also have a feeling that it might reduce in price after january? could be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m45)
    I've been to a few games this season from general sale - in fairness, mostly carling cup but they do go on general sale for the smaller games.

Both of those games i would imagine are smaller enough if you're quick.

I'm wanting to goto the Wolves and QPR games so im just checking everyday to see if they're up.

I think it works by if enough are sold to every other kind of member they dont bother with general sale... so best chance with smaller games!

Also, when they do go up, they are often 'limited availability' and the site will only let you buy 1 ticket... i've heard it's best to call up the box office at that point because they can get 2 seats next to each other more easily.

Good luck and say hi to robin for me <3

p.s. oh also, it's not worth getting red now cos you've missed half the season, i also have a feeling that it might reduce in price after january? could be wrong though.
    If you look at the date of the OP, he's missed an entire season and a half :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    If you look at the date of the OP, he's missed an entire season and a half :smug:
    OH! hahaha. i was searching google for something similar and it linked me here - sorry for the bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teatime45)
    Hello everyone,

There are a few games at Emirates coming up that I'd like to see: Everton on 1 February and Leeds on 8 January for the FA Cup. From calling the ticket office and looking around their web site, it seems like home tickets do not go on general sale to the public very often. It looks like you just have to wait and see 2-3 weeks before the game if they're going on general sale.

Does anyone have any advice for me on this? Do you think I'll be OK getting tickets for these matches or should I just buy membership for this season so I'd have more of a chance?

Buying football tickets can be so complicated sometimes..

just buy a membership its 20 odd quid...tight ****

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 10, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.