Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sugar addiction/extreme craving for food? Watch

Anon because embarrassed

Okay, I ate 500 grams of chocolate digestives today and yesterday I finished easily another 500 grams of chocolate mousse. In the past weeks I've been eating ridiculous amounts of stuff (like a can of custard just for a snack) but now my appetite has come to a point where I'm actually starting to get concerned.

I'm not really even gaining weight (thank god); I started playing rugby at uni this autumn. Actually, I've lost weight since the beginning.

I tried eating loads of stuff like whole-grain pasta and in the morning I always eat a huge bowl of porridge with a banana on top but the problem is that I'm getting fed up with eating proper meals because I just can't eat enough. So instead now I eat stuff I actually enjoy eating no matter how much I eat it.

But this can't be healthy. Something weird is happening in my body My periods have also stopped... Could this be hormones or something? How do I stop eating half a kilo of chocolatey stuff a day?

I'm just exhausted with this food problem and need a solution...

ReputationRep:
    When you crave the chocolatey food - chew gum, brush your teeth or drink water. Typically cravings only last half an hour and those activities should help the cravings vanish. When cooking meals try to include more protein as protein will keep you fuller for longer. Also, try to keep your meals varied as eating the same thing will cause you to become bored and therefore crave other foods anyway.
    As for your periods... it may be stress. When you become stressed your periods are known to stop. If you're worried see a doctor
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How do I stop eating half a kilo of chocolatey stuff a day?

I'm just exhausted with this food problem and need a solution...
    Don't buy it would be a start. :dontknow:

I can easily eat a 1kg packets of sweets if I have them around, don't buy them and there's no problem. Drink **** loads of water too, then you'll be too full to care.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.