Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do I do about my flat??????? HELP!!! Watch

When I first came to uni our flat got on well we went out together and everything, theres 2 other girls in my flat, one of them can be quite mouthy like she will complain about the kitchen alot even though she contributes to the mess, she will start arguments if she isn't happy about something or make a big deal of it. The other girl is on my course and I really like her, but I feel like I am becoming more and more distanced from everyone. There is another girl that comes round and she is a friend of the mouthy one, ever since the start I begun to get pushed out, like the one I am not keen on would talk directly to the other 2 girls and not include me in conversation, so I was like wondering why they were kind of ignoring me.

I speak to the girl in my flat, even though I am not keen on her and I am always pleasant when she speaks to me. But a couple of weeks ago she made a comment when my flat mate was winding her up. He was saying to her you get wound up so easily, you are easy to pick on and she responded by saying that it is me whose the easy target. No one said anything, they just laughed awkwardly, I sat there and said what did you say that for? I got no response so I walked out.. ever since then It has put me off her completely.. I had always been pleasant towards her up until then. Now I've given up completely speaking to her, unless she speaks to me. The girl that I like goes home at weekends so when it is the rest of my flat here, they don't ask me to go out with them and one of them even rung me up when they were going out asking to buy my alcohol off me. I've talked to some girls in my class about it and they always ask how I am getting on my flat now, I feel it is getting worse!

I don't know what to do should I just try and join in with them, or just not? I haven't made any great friends in class but I am starting to get to know some girls better. I feel I should join in more, but then I don't see why because I don't like that girl and she hardly ever made any effort to include me, so what do I do??? Am I just being stupid???

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.