Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently doing a course in Physiology & Pharmacology. I want to change to Pharmacy after careful consideration. What are the easiest options available to me? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salah S)
    I am currently doing a course in Physiology & Pharmacology. I want to change to Pharmacy after careful consideration. What are the easiest options available to me? :confused:
    1) See about changing within your uni (assuming it does pharmacy), although this probably will mean starting again in first year next year.

2) Failing that, reapply through UCAS for 2011 entry to pharmacy.

ReputationRep:
    You'd really have to discuss it with your university. It is very unlikely that you would be able to switch courses now, as we are close to the end of the semester, but they would probably allow you to start your new course next year, starting again from year one (providing you have the entry requirements for the new course).

ReputationRep:
    My Uni don't do Pharmacy. I was thinking to either call the Uni I want to go to and ask them to try and transfer me (seeing as I've already got the grades they want) or do a fresh UCAS. Don't really know which one would be better. Yes, I do know that I have to start again next year, but I don't mind that.

ReputationRep:
    My Uni don't do Pharmacy. I was thinking to either call the Uni I want to go to and ask them to try and transfer me (seeing as I've already got the grades they want) or do a fresh UCAS. Don't really know which one would be better. Yes, I do know that I have to start again next year, but I don't mind that.
    You'd probably still need a UCAS application, but it may be a formality if the uni agree to accept you.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'll have to do it again then. Also, would it be a good idea to mention in the personal statement that I'm doing the PhysPharm course this year? If I did, would I have to explain why I'm changing?

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'll have to do it again then. Also, would it be a good idea to mention in the personal statement that I'm doing the PhysPharm course this year? If I did, would I have to explain why I'm changing?
    You can contact the uni beforehand though, if you want.

Seeing as pharmacology is relevant for pharmacy, you might want to discuss what you've learnt and if it has inspired you ... but you don't have to explain why you're changing. Explain why the new course, not why not the old one.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to try and call them on Monday to see if they will.

But if I put in the personal statement, would that also mean that I have to put it in the qualifications part? Because it says that you need to put even the ones you're taking now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to try and call them on Monday to see if they will.

But if I put in the personal statement, would that also mean that I have to put it in the qualifications part? Because it says that you need to put even the ones you're taking now.
    You'll need to include your university in the application, but like I say, it doesn't need to be discussed at length (or at all) in your PS.

ReputationRep:
    But I won't exactly receive any formal qualification from this because it's my first year, so should I say no to that?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.