Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't want this job, but feel intimidated and despondent Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just really would like to hear other peoples opinions on my current situation.

I am turning 23 in a couple of months and have been out of work nearly a year now, I did the University thing- pointless, done some temporary jobs etc.

I applied for this job and got offered it, the problem is that its 45 minute to a 1 hour drive away and I hate driving as it is, secondly I thought the job was completely different to how it turned out to be on my trial day! I have to drive a big carrier van. and I will only be slightly better off than if I got a job full time in a retail shop!

I am in no way saying that I don't accept that I have to work in my life, but now I feel guilty for not wanting to take it and find something else instead of driving around in these recent hellish conditions!

Secondly my brother keeps saying I am sponging off my parents, when I do always help out at home, but because he has a good job and is moving out soon he keeps making me feel so low, and his girlfriend has recently started moaning about it to me, I just feel like telling them to **** off and mind their own business and stick to their own lives.

Thirdly I see no incentive as my social life is crap, in this generation I wont ever be able to move out anyway and have my own place, and I am more happy to just look for a little job locally and spend my days 'lazing' around.

Opinions wanted on if you can understand how I feel, and what you think of the fact my brother and his girlfriend nose in on my life, and finally what you would do in my situation and would you take the job (working with adults with severe learning difficulties)

Cheers James

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.