Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can anyone recommend me a shampoo/conditioner especially for dyed red hair? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I dyed my hair red. I know it fades really quickly, so can anyone suggest a shampoo and conditioner to slow down the fading?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I used to have bright red hair, and I found that the only shampoo which seemed to prolong and revive the colour was John Frieda's red shampoo/conditioner, can't remember the exact name but it should be easy enough to find. It's not exactly cheap, but you can often get the offers at Boots on them. I'd recommend it. Whatever you do, do not use anti-dandruff shampoo and specifically Head & Shoulders because it will strip the colour.

ReputationRep:
    I use the L'Oréal stuff for coloured hair, it seems to do a decent job and it leaves your hair feeling lovely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    I used to have bright red hair, and I found that the only shampoo which seemed to prolong and revive the colour was John Frieda's red shampoo/conditioner, can't remember the exact name but it should be easy enough to find. It's not exactly cheap, but you can often get the offers at Boots on them. I'd recommend it. Whatever you do, do not use anti-dandruff shampoo and specifically Head & Shoulders because it will strip the colour.
    Thanks for the replies guys!

Just looked up the John Frieda one, never used it before so might give it a go. I used Tresemmé colour protection shampoo before and it didn't do a good job at retaining the colour - my hair felt really nice though.

The L'Oreal one sounds good too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O*****uary)
    Thanks for the replies guys!

Just looked up the John Frieda one, never used it before so might give it a go. I used Tresemmé colour protection shampoo before and it didn't do a good job at retaining the colour - my hair felt really nice though.

The L'Oreal one sounds good too
    I've tried the TresEmmé stuff and thought the same. It's better to go for one that's specifically formulated for red hair, rather than generic 'coloured hair'. If I remember correctly, the JF one actually adds a wee bit of colour every time you use it, it's a very vivid colour of shampoo anyway, and light-reflecting particles and all that to make it shiny. Good luck with it, anyway. :yes: I miss my red hair, but it's way too much maintenance for me haha.

EDIT: Meant to say, if you can find the JF Glaze for red hair, then get that. I swore by it when I was a redhead!

ReputationRep:
    If you wash in Wella Colour Fresh intense red (whilst in the shower) once a week (leaving it on your hair for a few minutes) it will keep the red very vibrant. This product is a true semi permanent colour but you can use it as a weekly toner to replenish lost pigment.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.