Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey All!
    My names Darryl and I'm a student in Ireland hoping to do animation at University in the UK next year. Because of me living over here I cannot ask from teachers and proffessors first hand what is required for an animation portfolio, or else what is required in Ireland may be different to what is required in the UK.
    if I could get some replies as to what they would like to see in a porfolio for animation it would be greatly appreciate. please try to be a specific as possible, and any relevent links would also be great.
    Thanks in advance everyone and hope to hear from y'all soon!
    Darryl.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm doing an animation related course at uni here in the UK and all I need to show for the interview was my art work from my art and design course. I mostly had fine art drawings and paintings. I didn't have much character drawings or anything of such. A lot of people doing an animation course come from art and design, therefore all the ever really have are landscape painting and a few portraits. If this is all that you have then you can do some character drawings in your own time and do some line drawings. The line drawings can be a plus to you cos they might say that it's something you may end up doing in the course when doing 3d animation or something like that. They mostly want to know that you can draw and have some understanding of what you'll be doing in the course. So do some life drawings as well maybe just to show how good you are at doing proportions and such, but if you're not good with proportions then maybe just do some line drawings of landscapes, buildings etc etc. Whatever interest you really.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Life drawings.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.