Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To punch or not to punch..... Watch

My boyfriend of three and half years broke up with me on Sunday night after I'd just been up to visit him (£80 train ticket).
    He has still not really given me a proper reason. said it feels wrong now. he has cried down the phone nearly as much as I have which annoyed me.
    He also has phoned me a few times and texts.
    Last night was probably the coldest he'd been and it made me really sad.
    But I guess if we're not going to be together, I have to get used to that.

Anyway my question is how to behave.
    Basically we're at different unis, but holidays are in 2 and a half weeks which is why I was so upset/ confused by his sudden change of mind. He says there's no one else which I kind of believe him because he can be quite honest about things.

So do I ignore him until Christmas? We've both already said we need a big talk at Christmas because really he should have done it face to face. Or do I try and keep being friendly- ish because we were best friends (still are I guess) but I do have v.strong feelings for him ugh

I am really angry but most of all I just want to see him and have a hug

Sorry for the ran any advice much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Do you own any weapons?

ReputationRep:
    What he said ^

ReputationRep:
    Let him talk it out. At least you'll get some closure. And if he won't give you a proper response, you'll know it's because he's a prat, or he really just doesn't think things feel right.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.