Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey hey,

Here it is, I have covered perhaps the first song I learnt... but also the most fun to play!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eevwiVE8xzw

Please tell me what you think!
    AJ

ReputationRep:
    Cool! :clap2:

Who's singing in the background? Doesn't sound like Nirvana...nice work anyway.

ReputationRep:
      Thanks very much!
      Yep, that's not Nirvana... I took the backing track (with vocals) off a website which rips them from the Guitar Hero + Rockband games

ReputationRep:
      Awesome! seems a little easy for you though, but defintiely one of best covers i've seen of it

ReputationRep:
      Aww man, thanks so much!!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ankthebank)
      Hey hey,

Here it is, I have covered perhaps the first song I learnt... but also the most fun to play!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eevwiVE8xzw

Please tell me what you think!
      AJ
      Your Take 5 cover is slick.

ReputationRep:
      Haha thanks man, I've just ordered a brand new mic now... so more singing stuff is on it's way! Also, I'm thinking of doing more jazz stuff, especially as I'm the guitarist in the school's big band
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      Hi ankush, another top notch cover (as has been mentioned it's way too simple for your ability!)

What mic are you getting? I'm considering getting a recording mic sometime soon (for both my amp and vocals) and I'm looking for suggestions.

Cheers.
      Roscoe.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Manitude)
      Hi ankush, another top notch cover (as has been mentioned it's way too simple for your ability!)

What mic are you getting? I'm considering getting a recording mic sometime soon (for both my amp and vocals) and I'm looking for suggestions.

Cheers.
      Roscoe.
      Thanks very much Roscoe, I'm getting an Editor Keys SL300 USB mic... it's pretty cheap for what it is, and I just hope that the reviews it has been getting are accurate!

I decided USB because I didn't want to get a preamp as well, and I will be getting a pop filter to go along with it.

Are you thinking of some YouTube covers?
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ankthebank)
      Thanks very much Roscoe, I'm getting an Editor Keys SL300 USB mic... it's pretty cheap for what it is, and I just hope that the reviews it has been getting are accurate!

I decided USB because I didn't want to get a preamp as well, and I will be getting a pop filter to go along with it.

Are you thinking of some YouTube covers?
      I was thinking about getting USB mic too, as I currently have no need for something I can use live and the pre-amp I'd have to use otherwise is not good.
      I'd suggest making a pop filter out of tights and a wire coat hanger...but if you want to spend a few extra quid on a proper one then that's up to you

I've been planning on doing a yt cover of this song for a good year now:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh2GFoDae8Y
      I decided that once I had my strat I needed to do it justice online. But then I realised my amp wasn't up to scratch. £600 later on a brilliant amp it seems that my camera isn't in the same league, so I'm hoping a recording mic might sort out that problem (and allow me to record reasonably high quality material)
      Currently virtually everything on my YT is crappy demos from a year or two ago. The ideas are there, but I just didn't have the attention span to make them into well recorded songs, so they stayed demos.

ReputationRep:
      What's your channel called? I want to check it out!!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.