The Student Room Group

Struggling to find a house and housemates for second year?

I am a first year student at UKC and I'd found two girls to live with. Originally they were very nice but have now decided to take a house that is over £500 a month where they would get the two double rooms upstairs and I would be paying the same amount for a matchbox room downstairs (the room was so small the walls of the bedroom touched the sides of the bed) despite finding a room across the road that is £150 cheaper with three large double rooms.

They live together and do the same course so I feel completely left out, now I feel like they just asked me to move in with them because they just needed an idiot to fill the house. I felt really grateful when they asked as I needed quiet housemates and my housemates are horrible and I don't know anyone else. So I'm just going to grow a pair and tell them that I won't be moving in with them. Now how do I go about finding housemates, I really worried that I'm going to be living in a cardboard box for second year? :confused:
Reply 1
Book a room in halls for your second year. Don't believe in all the hype. There's a chance of getting crappy housemates wherever you go. I've realised it doesn't matter if your housemates are loud or quiet, its there level of cleanliness (or lack of!) that determines whether or not they're a "good housemate". Yes, you've guessed it! My Kitchen is a complete pigsty!! :angry:
How about private halls?
Reply 3
Thats exactly what I have booked for next year and am so glad I am not moving in with the same housemates!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending