Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Looking to book a holiday for around 80 people (I KNOW it's ridiculous) for after our A levels in the summer.
    We basically want a place cheap as chips but isn't too chavvy.
    Majorca is an option, but we don't want to go to Shagaluf because of its reputation, are there any other resorts that have good nightlife?!

Thankss
    x

ReputationRep:
    I think your rating yourself abit too highly here.

Theres gonna be 80 18 - 19 year olds, I mean, magaluf and places like that are made for this kind of sh*t, you cant be expecting to go to a family resort any where really, because it will no longer be one when you arrive.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

Wow 80? That's a lot of people! There are many other places than Magaluf where you can go to. Puerto Pollensa (which is the furthest resort from the airport) has beautiful beaches, old Roman towns and a good selection of shops and bars. If you're looking for budget places try Soller, Valldemossa, Port de Soller, Andratx or Port d'Andratx. Or if it is beaches you're looking for try a nice coastal place like Palma de Mallorca.

Hope that helps!
    Claire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banana1212)
    That's a lot of people, and I totally agree with what arichmond64 said: as soon as 80 post-A level teens turn up any resort is just going to go to pot. Anywhere that has a 'good nightlife'? -- well, that rules out Puerto Pollensa, really, since it's your average family resort. I'd assume Puerto Alcúdia or Ca'n Picafort would be more up your street. Santa Ponça, on the other side of the peninsula which Magaluf is on, is meant to be very good for bars and stuff too. All those other places mentioned -- Soller, Valldemossa, and Andratx are more traditional tourist places, and I'm guessing you want Magaluf without the reputation...

I'd just beg you to stay away from Cala Rajada and Artà. They're my territory I don't need them ruined by tourists. (And don't really fit your bill, if I'm honest, so why am I worried!)

ReputationRep:
    Palma Nova is more family orientated and it's about a 10 minute walk away from Magaluf. So you get a good nights sleep and can go mental at night in Maga. We went last year and had the best holiday ever. If there's 80 of you, it'd be a good idea to avoid more of the family areas, you'll piss alot of people off. Have fun though!

ReputationRep:
    Palma Nova, then at least you have the option of Magaluf. Or, other than that, I'd head to Alcudia. Lively enough with bars and a couple of clubs but still pretty chilled out in the days.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.