Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the importance of the maths tests you do in interviews? Obviously they're important, or they wouldn't be part of the selection process, but does the interview result depend on the outcome of the maths tests? How important in the decision making process is it? For example, if you show great skills in every other aspect, and then do badly in the maths test, will that result in a rejection?

ReputationRep:
    Very.

ReputationRep:
    Well, yes...I get that they're important, otherwise there'd be little need for the maths assessment in the interview, but do the interviewers reject applications on the basis of the maths result, even if the rest of the interview is fantastic?

ReputationRep:
    We had people who didnt get on our course because they failed the maths tests according to the guy who runs the course.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm you probably could fail the interview if you performed really bad in it...i'm so glad the Uni I applied to doesn't do maths tests in the interview!

ReputationRep:
    I also have an interview (3 days- eeek!) and I read that the test will form part of the discussion at the interview, so you will probably end up discussing some of the questions. Hopefully if you don't do so well it's a chance to redeem yourself, but it's fairly important to do as well as possible of course!
    Good luck with your interview

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.