Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I know how this guy feels? Watch

Right so there's this guy and we met a few weeks ago, we hooked up drunkly originally but since then we've been out a few times; coffee, drinks, movies etc. Saw him last Saturday for a mutual friend's birthday clubbing thing, we were both pretty drunk but hooked up anyway. Since then, I haven't really heard from him, he'll text me asking me a question which involves an 'and you?' from me, to which he doesn't reply. He says things that make me think he likes me, but only when we're together, when we're not I have no idea where I stand. I have sort of read the book "He's Just Not That Into You" which like says that if he wants to talk to you, he will and if he doesn't he's just not that into you etc.

So the thing I want to ask is am I right in thinking that whatever was going on has now fizzled out or am I reading too much into things? I was never expecting a relationship with this guy because I am happy being single but I would like to know where I stand, not having a clue the frustrating thing.

Thanks in advance! x

ReputationRep:
    If you like being single then what exactly is the problem?

(Original post by headphones)
    If you like being single then what exactly is the problem?
    I didn't say I like being single but I am happy and I'm not desperately seeking a relationship, like I'm not waiting for it to happen but if it does, it does.

ReputationRep:
    Ask him or continue guessing. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried "Hey, where do I stand with you?" yet?

ReputationRep:
    you're happy being single? be frak buddies then! (frak is a word for another beginning with F)

ReputationRep:
    Unless you have some kind of mind-reading device, the only way to know would be to ask him.

How on earth would students on TSR know if you don't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    Ask him or continue guessing. :pierre:
    Can't expect a girl to do that. I swear some girls think it's a crime to ask out guys they like. It's ok TS you won't go to prison for it.

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately asking him is easier said than done, especially since we haven't even mentioned being more than just seeing each other.
    As for asking him out or to do something, I have and we did go out after I asked him, and I would be happy to do so again but I did earlier this week, Tuesday, and he couldn't make it which was fine but I don't want to ask again as I feel like its his turn, as archaic as that sounds...
    But again, thanks for all the opinions and things!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.