Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    for a plumber?
    Or do people try to fix this themselves?
    M toilet won't flush, it just suddenly stopped, and I've been looking at plumbers online but the prices for "Flushing/scaling" (which I assume concerns toilets) is listed "per meter" :confused:
    Crap situation...and the plumbers in the area appear to be expensive.
    I'm renting and I didn't damage the toilet or anything. Do I still have to pay?

ReputationRep:
    depends on the plumber:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Lollo*)
    for a plumber?
    Or do people try to fix this themselves?
    M toilet won't flush, it just suddenly stopped, and I've been looking at plumbers online but the prices for "Flushing/scaling" (which I assume concerns toilets) is listed "per meter" :confused:
    Crap situation...and the plumbers in the area appear to be expensive.
    I'm renting and I didn't damage the toilet or anything. Do I still have to pay?
    Quite literally :cool:

Sorry.

I'm pretty sure I'm meant to get my landlord to sort things like that out, and I think they pay for it too. If you want a serious answer.

ReputationRep:
    No, get your landlord to sort it

ReputationRep:
    Call one of them and he will be able to give you a quote, then double that quote and you have the price you'll pay.

ReputationRep:
    Get on the phone to your landlord, they have to sort it out.

ReputationRep:
    Have a look in the cistern first - Just to check if its something that you could fix quite easily.

Give your landlord a bell - s/he'll probably come round and take a look to see if it can be easily fixed. If the landlord can't fix it, s/he'll probably call in a plumber. The landlord probably knows a plumber that usually does work for your landlord - mates-rates and all that.

Your landlord should cover the cost, but check to make sure s/he will, and have a look at your contract to see what that says about maintenance.

ReputationRep:
    The guy who owns the apartment lives abroad and I'm never in contact with him (haven't even got the details). The one I've spoken to is the one who set me up with the apartment, and he's very busy. Then there's the "Gardien" - a guy in the building, but he is honestly not very helpful nor friendly, I tried knocking on his door a few days ago and he was away so I put a note on his door asking for help and he has ignored it
    I kind of want to just call a plumber.

EDIT: Neg rep for the first post? Seriously? ...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.