Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering and wish to study Motorsport/Automotive Engineering at a Masters level. However, I am not sure, which university is best to apply...I have heard that Cranfield is really good, as well as Southampton and Brunel but I can't reach to a conclusion..Which one do you think is best and will offer better chances of getting a job within the motorsport industry...?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Can also add Oxford Brookes in there too. Getting into Motorsport engineering is a bit of a lottery and also entry direct from university is relatively low compared to recruitment of experienced engineers (not necessarily in motorsport engineering).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Can also add Oxford Brookes in there too. Getting into Motorsport engineering is a bit of a lottery and also entry direct from university is relatively low compared to recruitment of experienced engineers (not necessarily in motorsport engineering).
    Thank you very much!
    Well I hope I'll be lucky enough to win this lottery I regret I don't have any experience but I guess everyone starts from zero experience..As for Oxford Brookes, I don't think it is highly ranked..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaks)
    Well I hope I'll be lucky enough to win this lottery I regret I don't have any experience but I guess everyone starts from zero experience..As for Oxford Brookes, I don't think it is highly ranked..
    Yes, but they have one of the best Formula Student teams around and they have great industry links with motorsport (and general automotive) organisations in general.

(Original post by kaks)
      I have an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering and wish to study Motorsport/Automotive Engineering at a Masters level. However, I am not sure, which university is best to apply...I have heard that Cranfield is really good, as well as Southampton and Brunel but I can't reach to a conclusion..Which one do you think is best and will offer better chances of getting a job within the motorsport industry...?
      Thanks
      Have a look at Kingston University, Msc Automotive Engineering (route Motorcycle Technology). The engineering department even has a motorcycling team that works on their racing motorcycle all the time so you might gain a lot of practical and relative experience.

ReputationRep:
      Brookes is very well known for Motorsport related things

ReputationRep:
      Thank you all..I hope I'll make the right choice..!

ReputationRep:
      Cranfield is located next to Redbull F1 FTW!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by gor1986)
      Cranfield is located next to Redbull F1 FTW!
      I know...I have been admitted to Cranfield and I will study there!amazing!!!!!

ReputationRep:
      Cranfield's motorsport course is first class. The university is positioned right in thmiddle of motorsport valley, and the students get to visit motorsport companies, rub shoulders with some influential people within the sector, work on projects based at Silverstone and most importantly get jobs in the sector. It was th original motorsport msc in the uk (over 10 years ago, and has loads of alumni working in the sector now. They can help you get jobs!

ReputationRep:
      I know you guys started this thread a while ago but I am in a similar situation. A lot of people have said to me that Coventry is very good, and also Brooke's is perhaps not as good as it says it is.

I am only just finishing GCSE so this is a little ways down the road but what do you guys think wil be the best bet for me as a uni for Motorsport engineering?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kaks)
      Thank you very much!
      Rank doesn't mean anything, it's all about industry contacts and if the companies recruit from there. Which they do.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.