Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. Really pretty certain I'm moving to Manchester this year, no matter what. Doing my UCAS now. I'm already in first year in Glasgow Uni, got AAAAB at Higher, and I have these choices already

University of Salford
    Human Biology & Infectious Disease
    Biomedical Science

MMU
    Biomedical Science

University of Manchester
    Biomedical Science

... But I'm terrified of not getting accepted for any of them, because I desperately want to move next year. So do you think it's worth applying for a foundation year at MMU too? Just in case? They can't reject me from that, surely..?

Help?

ReputationRep:
    Bump... Anyone? Really hoping to have the application completely finished tonight, so I'll have the weekend to study and my request will be in my referee's inbox when he gets to work on Monday...

ReputationRep:
    It's really unlikely you will need to go on a foundation year if you got decent grades, but if you would feel more comfortable going for a foundation year do it I've applied for the foundation year at Man Met as well as the actual degree course because I'm only doing two A-levels so I need to have an insurance there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EKR93)
    It's really unlikely you will need to go on a foundation year if you got decent grades, but if you would feel more comfortable going for a foundation year do it I've applied for the foundation year at Man Met as well as the actual degree course because I'm only doing two A-levels so I need to have an insurance there.
    Aw thanks for the reply. I really don't think I'll need the foundation year, since I'll already have done a whole year of university somewhere else... But I may as well apply for it, I suppose. Those are the only three unis I want to go to so I'm not really going to use the other choice for anything else worthwhile... I think I'll go for it.

Thank you and good luck What course are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurora.)
    Aw thanks for the reply. I really don't think I'll need the foundation year, since I'll already have done a whole year of university somewhere else... But I may as well apply for it, I suppose. Those are the only three unis I want to go to so I'm not really going to use the other choice for anything else worthwhile... I think I'll go for it.

Thank you and good luck What course are you applying for?
    I only want to stay in Manchester too really, so I've applied for Psychology + Crime Studies at the Cheshire campus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EKR93)
    I only want to stay in Manchester too really, so I've applied for Psychology + Crime Studies at the Cheshire campus
    Ooh sounds good I'm doing first year psychology as an elective this year and it's really interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurora.)
    Ooh sounds good I'm doing first year psychology as an elective this year and it's really interesting.
    Nice, I can't wait to go to uni, just hope I can get a place! Good luck with everything

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.