Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, i have had false eyelashes done professionaly before, however, I would like to do them myself. I was just wondering which are easier / look the best - the strip of eyelashes or the individual ones? thanks

ReputationRep:
    hi, the strips are a bit quicker but they don't usually last a whole night or you can find yourself worrying about them. I also feel you have work your eye make up around them.

Personally I prefer the individual lashes - they aren't as hard to put on as they look. However the glue in them is white and a bit tacky and awkward. What i'd recommend is going to somewhere like boots buying the indiv ones then popping into 'Sally's' which is like a hairdressing shop. They have eyelash glue that's a bit more permanent and they stock it in black. The glue remover from the indiv lash packet will still work with this glue.

It will set you back another £4 but you will get a lot of use out of it, you can also buy lash tweezers for application which cost me around £3. Both well worth the investment and it will usually last around a week.

I hope this helped.

ReputationRep:
    I use copydex on my falsies, I promise you they wont fall off, but you gotta be confident you're not going to get it in your eye lol
    and if you're the type who wears eyeliner you'll probably be okay with the strips but for more natural make up go individual ones

ReputationRep:
    I'd get the individual ones.

ReputationRep:
    I've never tried the individual lashes, they just seem so fiddly. Maybe one day when I'm really curious to try them. But for now, I like my strip lashes. I wear lots of eye makeup with them anyway so they kinda blend in well

Here's a good tutorial that helped me a lot when I first started wearing them:

ReputationRep:
    Strip lashes are quicker, and could last all day (and night) if the right glue is used. I use duo eyelash glue or ardell. However, individual lashes last longer and look more natural. They aren't as hard to apply you just need a lot of patience and a steady hand. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    thanks everyone, i think i will try the individual ones, i was just wondering do you put mascara on first because when i've had them done i haven't, however, the tutorials tell you to put it on first, thanks again

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.