Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is slipping on ice on your own the most embarrassing thing ever? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was walking down main street in my town, just daydreaming and listening to my iPod when I randomly just slipped onto my backside on ice. Everybody saw and loads of cars beeped at my. People were laughing from the other side of the street.

There is no cool way to recover from that.

Who else has experienced this?

ReputationRep:
    lol that does sound pretty funny tbh.

Just laugh it off and get on with the rest of your life

ReputationRep:
    I was with some people and slipped. They all started laughing so I pretended I was having a fit on the floor. That stopped the laughter...

ReputationRep:
    Yup, slipped on ice a thousand times.
    I would say there are worse things though...

ReputationRep:
    To slip on ice is a very dangerous thing to do, do you know why? because man bear pig loves cold human flesh!

ReputationRep:
    YES

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine there are more embarassing things than slipping on ice. All the same, I avoid going out in it because I have terrible balance and live on a hill..and it is quite embarassing :P

It would have happened to everyone in that crowd before. Just shrug it off, no one is going to see you again in the future and make anything of it.

ReputationRep:
      I did it several times back in January when there was all that snow. Just get up and move on

ReputationRep:
      No, getting caught naked in the sixth form gym/shower room after some tit has 'misplaced' your clothes is more embarrassing imo -_-

ReputationRep:
      Just stand up laughing.

ReputationRep:
      Just happened to me about five minutes ago just outside my house, so embrassing lol. I slid about 5 feet down the hill then I went flying onto my backside, very painful. I've got a big bruise now.

ReputationRep:
      I did last year, everyone laughed and I stood up with a bruised ego and a bruised backside.

I would say there are more embarrassing things though.

ReputationRep:
      It hasn't happened to me yet. I am so cool I defy the laws of gravity :cool:

ReputationRep:
      Haha yeh last year I was walking down the street towards a group of fit rahs when I stumbled and kind of went flopping around trying to keep my balance. I managed to stay on my feet and just laugh it off with them, then went to walk away and BAM....flat on my arse. Epic fail

LoL I've slipped, but never slipped so bad that I end up on my backside. I say just get up, dust yourself off and laugh. And carry on .

ReputationRep:
        When I was in year 9 I was in my P.E kit out on a cold day on the field with 100 of my fellow peers around...a jackass thought it would be funny to walk up behind me and pull my shorts down.

It's such a comforting feeling walking around school knowing everybody has seen your ass and nuts :dry:

See, yours isn't so embarrassing now is it? :o:

ReputationRep:
        Me. I felt like a ****. I was on the phone to my friend as well and he just hear 'oh ****... and just the sound of me falling'. He loled a lot. I didn't even fall on my arse. I fell just straight on my back.

ReputationRep:
        Possibly! It happened to me last winter but I was with my friend, so it wasn't as bad. But still, it was the last day of term so I had a massive bag full of books and a folder in my hand which went flying...not good!

ReputationRep:
        It is embarassing, but so hard at the same time not to laugh at someone who has slipped! Sorry.....

I fell the down the steps years ago in the cinema when I went to watch 8 Mile - I got up during the middle of the film for the toilet, not sure how I did it but the whole cinema basically turned to see what was going on because of the massive bang I made when I fell and started laughing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.