Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Conditional" offer from York without information about the... well... conditions! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday, I got an e-mail from UCAS that one of the universities had responded to my application, so I logged in to Track and saw that York had given me a "conditional" offer. However, I haven't received any information as to how many points they actually want me to score in my IB exams! Could that mean they want me to get as many points as I am predicted? This would be ABSURD because I was predicted 45 (the top score), while the York website says they typically require 34 (?) points for my subject!

This is the first offer I've received so far, so I don't know how they would normally communicate the result they expect from me - do they send e-mails? I am asking because I've heard my friends saying "I've got a conditional offer from Birmingham, they want me to score 38 points, etc.".

ReputationRep:
    If they have stated 34 on the website that is generally the minimum they require, and your offer is based on you getting this/above this.
    Generally all conditional offers are based on you gaining the minimum entry requirements on their website.

ReputationRep:
    If you look on the offer on Track it *should* say "...subject to achieving 36 points at IB" or whatever. If they have genuinely managed to miss this part, contact York and ask about the conditions. You might receive an email or letter from York telling you the conditions anyway, but it should still say them on Track.

No way would they want 45 points, I think even Oxbridge offers tend to be around 42 points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuzaMagda)
    Yesterday, I got an e-mail from UCAS that one of the universities had responded to my application, so I logged in to Track and saw that York had given me a "conditional" offer. However, I haven't received any information as to how many points they actually want me to score in my IB exams! Could that mean they want me to get as many points as I am predicted? This would be ABSURD because I was predicted 45 (the top score), while the York website says they typically require 34 (?) points for my subject!

This is the first offer I've received so far, so I don't know how they would normally communicate the result they expect from me - do they send e-mails? I am asking because I've heard my friends saying "I've got a conditional offer from Birmingham, they want me to score 38 points, etc.".
    if they dont get in contact, assume that its 34

ReputationRep:

Just to make sure, have you clicked the course code on UCAS track? At least for me this is where the conditions are. Universities generally send emails as well, although I haven't received anything from York on my offer yet either.

ReputationRep:

York will send you a letter by post about this in which the conditions will be stated. Should come 1 or 2 days after they update on track.

They may have forgotten to put it on UCAS, or maybe they don't put it on there because I remember from my TRACK that my conditional offers were not explained on track (i.e. the conditions weren't on there, only in the respective letters I got from the unis).

ReputationRep:
    Click on the course code.

ReputationRep:
    Have you clicked on the course code for it yet?
    I had a conditional offer from gloucestershire uni today and clicked on the course code to see the conditions .

ReputationRep:
    OK, I did click on the course code. The conditions are 34 points overall with a 5 in Higher Level English (). Thank you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.