Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My childhood friend is going to stay at my boyfriend's house Watch

Announcements

My childhood friend from when I was about 4 is going to stay at my long-term boyfriend's house in London (I am at uni in Leeds).

She used to be really good friends with our circle of girls, but when she hit 6th form she became one of 'those' girls who isn't bothered with having female friends and only likes to hang out with the boys we know.

Now, she rarely bothers to return my calls, texts and fb messages. I don't really mind, this is her choice.

What I do mind is that she is going to stay with my boyfriend, just because she wants to visit him. She always texts him straight back, and berated him the other weekend for not going down to Oxford with her to meet some of the other boys we know.

Should I find this weird?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My childhood friend from when I was about 4 is going to stay at my long-term boyfriend's house in London (I am at uni in Leeds).

She used to be really good friends with our circle of girls, but when she hit 6th form she became one of 'those' girls who isn't bothered with having female friends and only likes to hang out with the boys we know.

Now, she rarely bothers to return my calls, texts and fb messages. I don't really mind, this is her choice.

What I do mind is that she is going to stay with my boyfriend, just because she wants to visit him. She always texts him straight back, and berated him the other weekend for not going down to Oxford with her to meet some of the other boys we know.

Should I find this weird?
    You should be able to trust your bf, or it isn't a healthy relationship to begin with. Perhaps they are just good friends and nothing ''weird'' is going on. Though I do understand your point, why does she ignore you to an extent but reply straight back to him? Play it safe, don't appear paranoid, be round his house a few times just to 'mark your territory' in a way. I'm sure it will be nothing.

It's not that I don't trust him with her, it's that he's never that bothered about inviting me. I'm also a bit worried that his friends might like her better; I think they think I'm a bit boring.

ReputationRep:
    Is your friend hot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by headphones)
    Is your friend hot?
    lol that's exactly the first question that came to my mind as well.

OP, if she's hot then they gonna get jiggy with it na na na nananana :jiggy:

Well when he first saw her (I was just about to introduce them) and he didn't know that she was one of my old friends, he said "eurgh, look at that girl's legs! weird. Why is she so spotty?"
    So I always thought she was pretty, like a 7, but girls always think differently to boys!

ReputationRep:
    So....a girl who is not his girlfriend is coming to stay around his house overnight purely because she invited herself....why would anyone not find this weird..?

Is your boyfriend scared of saying no to her or does he always just put his friends before his girlfriend..?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's pretty wierd.

ReputationRep:
    Lets hope she takes condoms.

He said about her (in the moments before he knew that I knew her - from across the room) that he thought she was 'really funny looking'. I always thought she was weird.
    Thanks, I actually feel better about bringing it up with him now!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.