Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I live in the East of Southampton and the best way for me to get to Highfield (I think) is to get off at St Deny's and catch the Unilink from The Portswood Road. How easy is it to get from St Deny's on foot to the Unilink bus stop and how far do you think it is? Can someone give me some advice as I cannot get a direct train to Parkway and it seems daft going all the way to Soton Central to catch Unilink as it takes 30mins from there.

ReputationRep:
    you could walk the whole way from st denys to the station- i live just behind the library and my partner walks to st deny's station every day for work and it takes him 20 mins- 25 max.
    getting to portswood would take around 5 mins of walking 10 max. and then the uni link to the campus is around 3-4 mins.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for the information. May do a trial run nearer the time but its good to know I can walk all the way from St Deny's, will save a lot of money!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowbell)
    Thanks so much for the information. May do a trial run nearer the time but its good to know I can walk all the way from St Deny's, will save a lot of money!
    Just thought I'd confirm that this is possible. It takes about 20 mins to walk up to uni. I live really close to st deny's station and do it fairly regularly (although highfield isn't actually my campus!). It's a bit hard to find your way to the station though. You need to go up the stairs from the platform and then go out to the osborne road exit and then your quickest way is up westridge road into portswood and then on from there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.