Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people like Twilight?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    It really confuses me why people enjoy such rubbish.
    I'm shall not write that i don't mean to offend anyone.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I asked myself the same question... I actually polled most of the girls I know who like the books and films and what they like the most about Twilight is that Edward the glowy vampire gives all his attention to the girl protagonist and makes her feel like she is the only one. This seems to be a recurring fantasy for women. Tragic, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    robert pattinson is in it...

+it's an intense love story which every girl wishes she has i guess?

ReputationRep:
    they're *******s

ReputationRep:
    Simple things please simple minds.

ReputationRep:
    I thought nobody liked it anymore and it was 'cool' to hate it...?

ReputationRep:
    yup its cool to hate it...free rep for all twilight haters !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    This.

Op... I bet you were gagging over Rob's couck when it first came out. Along with the rest of the female population, it was only until a few rebels began to say that they hated the film that EVERYONE jumped on the bandwagon..

I see you, OP

ReputationRep:
    Personally, this book has different spin on vampire e.g. sparkly, day-walking vampires. I think that is more appealing to females than the typical ones; to be honest it's what got me into vampires because I'm not into Dracula or whatever. Furthermore, the idea of a fantasy element in everyday boring teenage life seems exciting and captivates most teenage girls of it; basically it's like an escape. Also, I like the forbidden fruit symbolism because I think a lot of girls will experience that some time throughout their life either in high school or later in life; there's the guy that catches your attention and is irresistible in every way but there's a HUGE reason why they shouldn't be together.

However, I'm bored of Twilight now and now I love the Vampire Diaries for many reasons. Can' wait for every Friday to watch an episode, whereas Twilight does nothing for me now; except that I think I was stupid being obsessed with it.

ReputationRep:
    Because it's relatable to people's innermost feelings and desires, much like any childrens/young adults series.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people waste their lives moaning about people who like Twilight?!

ReputationRep:
    Twilight is...

:poo:

ReputationRep:
    People naturally go through phases of being obsessed with something...often including someone they find attractive. It's just a shame for some people this is Twilight, or specifically, Robert Pattison (eew).

For me, it's Mr Rochester and his incarnation as Toby Stephens. And at least his balls have dropped :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    just becaaause

ReputationRep:
    Why do people have such difficulty in accepting that other people have different interests to them? :rolleyes:

I've said this a million times, I don't enjoy things such as High School Musical, or Beyonce's music, or The Lord of the Rings, but I don't go *****ing about those who do. I just accept that people who do enjoy those things clearly have different interests me to me. Jesus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    Oh dear lord. Do you know how pathetic that sounds? It's 'cool' to hate something? Whatever happened to people just enjoying what they want, and not enjoying what they don't. Now they have a thing going on that's 'cool' to hate. I've seen it all now :|

ReputationRep:
    OH MY GOD

FCUCK OF YOU GUYS THIS IS MY WEE SISTER' GTFO TSR RIGHT NOW you actual bam
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Some kind of mental deficiency

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    Oh dear lord. Do you know how pathetic that sounds? It's 'cool' to hate something? Whatever happened to people just enjoying what they want, and not enjoying what they don't. Now they have a thing going on that's 'cool' to hate. I've seen it all now :|
    I was being sarcastic.

I meant that a year ago everyone was getting wet over Twilight, then a few people started to hate it and now everyones like 'OH yeah twilight is the biggest **** evaaa etc etc' , hence why I put 'cool', it seems to be 'fad/trend' to hate it.

ReputationRep:
    because they enjoy watching talentless ***** who cant act

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.