Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do i tell my ex i still care even though im going away?! Watch

i would like some advice, im going travelling for a year next month and my ex boyfriend knows but i didnt tell him, he was upset that i didnt tell him despite breaking up on very bad terms and having being broken up for over 6 months with barely any contact.

i really do still care for him and love him but i deal with things by closing myself away however if i went away without telling him how i feel i know i would regret it and he always wanted me to speak about my feelings more openly.

but is there any point if im going away? i dont want to hurt him or be selfish so if it will upset him i wont say a word but i really want to tell him how i feel.

if you think yes, how should i say it when things are very awkward and bitter between us?

any comments would be a massive help, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    If you tell him how you feel, you could end up hurting him more because you're then going away for so long afterwards. Yet, if you feel that you would regret not telling him, then maybe it will be worth it.
    This seems like a really tricky decision, you could hurt both yourself and your ex in this situation. Maybe write a Pros and Cons list, and decide what the better reasons are? Sorry I can't be of more help. At least travelling will take your mind of it if you don't tell him. You then won't potentially ruin it by constantly thinking about him and missing him. I don't know really, so tricky...

ReputationRep:
    If you broke up with him I wouldn't advise it.

Do yourself a favour and tell him that way you will have no regrets either way.
    It may end in one last argument but it must be worth knowing?
    I have been in a similar situation and this can make things stronger than ever but if you don't call you will never know and he will assume you have just moved on.
    Got to say if you love him you should have been the one to tell him but it's not to late.
    True love always finds a way

Good luck xxx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.