Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello i was wondering what uni coures are avialable to me if i dont have higher english and only one science.

I herad english is most important and you need it to get into uni but im not good at it im more of a numbers guy rather than word guy.

So plaese provide info on cousrse that dont need english as a higher

ReputationRep:
    The vast majority of them, go read a prospectus.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, apart from English, and perhaps law, there aren't really any courses that have it as a definite requirement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    Yeah, apart from English, and perhaps law, there aren't really any courses that have it as a definite requirement.
    English, Law, Accounting, Medicine, Vet Med + Dentistry are the only ones that come to mind :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It would be easier if you said where your interests lie as there is hundreds of courses out there. Also, what subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    it would be easier if you said where your interests lie as there is hundreds of courses out there. Also, what subjects are you doing?
    h bus man
    h physics
    h history
    h maths
    int 2 english ( hence this question )

ReputationRep:
    Hardly any engineering courses require engish

ReputationRep:
    French? Idk.

ReputationRep:
    this is an easily google-able question ... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Even in the Humanities and Social Sciences, how many non-English type degrees actually require Higher English? Most at Edinburgh appear to only require Standard Grade 3.

ReputationRep:
    Would a computing related course e.g.computer science need a higher in English?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delaney)
    English, Law, Accounting, Medicine, Vet Med + Dentistry are the only ones that come to mind :confused:
    Are you sure about Accounting, Medicine etc? It doesn't say so in the prospectuses.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Apply for what subject you're interested in, not the subject that doesn't require higher english.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delaney)
    Correction - You definitely don't need it for Medicine! I'm pretty sure you don't need it for Vet Med and Dentristry either

Just read a prospectus OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRabbit)
    Correction - You definitely don't need it for Medicine! I'm pretty sure you don't need it for Vet Med and Dentristry either

Just read a prospectus OP
    My bad, I just checked Glasgow's for medicine and it was something like "strongly recommended".

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.