The Student Room Group

Uni courses without english

Hello i was wondering what uni coures are avialable to me if i dont have higher english and only one science.

I herad english is most important and you need it to get into uni but im not good at it im more of a numbers guy rather than word guy.

So plaese provide info on cousrse that dont need english as a higher
Reply 1
The vast majority of them, go read a prospectus.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah, apart from English, and perhaps law, there aren't really any courses that have it as a definite requirement.
Reply 3
Original post by sandys1000
Yeah, apart from English, and perhaps law, there aren't really any courses that have it as a definite requirement.

English, Law, Accounting, Medicine, Vet Med + Dentistry are the only ones that come to mind :confused:
Reply 4
It would be easier if you said where your interests lie as there is hundreds of courses out there. Also, what subjects are you doing? :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by rosie9391
it would be easier if you said where your interests lie as there is hundreds of courses out there. Also, what subjects are you doing? :smile:

h bus man
h physics
h history
h maths
int 2 english ( hence this question )
Reply 6
Hardly any engineering courses require engish
French? Idk.
Reply 8
this is an easily google-able question ... :p:
Even in the Humanities and Social Sciences, how many non-English type degrees actually require Higher English? Most at Edinburgh appear to only require Standard Grade 3.
Would a computing related course e.g.computer science need a higher in English?
Original post by Delaney
English, Law, Accounting, Medicine, Vet Med + Dentistry are the only ones that come to mind :confused:

Are you sure about Accounting, Medicine etc? It doesn't say so in the prospectuses.
Apply for what subject you're interested in, not the subject that doesn't require higher english.
Original post by Delaney

Correction - You definitely don't need it for Medicine! I'm pretty sure you don't need it for Vet Med and Dentristry either :tongue:

Just read a prospectus OP
Reply 14
Original post by TheRabbit
Correction - You definitely don't need it for Medicine! I'm pretty sure you don't need it for Vet Med and Dentristry either :tongue:

Just read a prospectus OP

My bad, I just checked Glasgow's for medicine and it was something like "strongly recommended".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending