Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Equity and Trusts Essay Help! Trusts of the Family Home watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm in need of help!

1)I need to evaluate the significance of recent case law in relation to trusts of the family home and ....
    2)would I agree that the development for criteria for establishing such a trust is becoming more strictly applied to the facts of each case?

Im very stuck, I don't really know what the question wants from me!
    1) Evaluate (good/bad) the significance of recent case law - assess whether it has made any impact?
    2) This is the one thats troubling me....Im clueless!

Please, please help! Many Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Could some-one please help, im really struggling.....I would appreciate any advice that can be given!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    A 2:1 answer to the first part will talk about Stack v Dowden and explain what it changed (try doing an advanced search for previous posts people have done on this forum about that case)

If you understand what you need for a resulting trust and what you need for a constructive trust after Stack v Dowden, you are on your way

A strong presumption of equality = strict (see Abbott v Abbott as well as Stack). Flexible use of constructive trusts = not strict

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 6, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.