Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right,

So my history teacher has to give me a predticed grade for government and politcs due to my politics teacher leaving the college. I now have a new politics teacher, but she doesnt know my capability.

I feel that I can get an A.

In the units for AS I got an A and a D which overall was a B.

I'm going to be retaking the D and hopefully get an A overall.

But to be still predicted a B is upsetting.

Any advice guys?

ReputationRep:
    To be predicted whatever grade you got at AS is very common, there's nothing wrong with doing it. Unless you were very close to getting an A (like within 1-2%) then predicting a B is perfectly fair, most people do worse at A2 than at AS anyway, and resits don't always result in you going up a grade.

If you wanted an A, you should have got an A. Why should you be predicted the same as people who didnt **** up? It kind of makes predictions pointless if everybody is given A's anyway.

ReputationRep:
    A B prediction is more than fair if you got a B at AS. I don't know why kids think they deserve more.

ReputationRep:
    Well... your current attainment is a B, so predicting you a B would seem perfectly reasonable.

ReputationRep:
    Well, yeah - why should they predict you more than you've proven you can achieve? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    B => B seems pretty likely, especially as all this teacher can go on is what you got last year. How do they know that you're not rubbish at exams/coursework (whichever was the D) and you won't do the same in the retake and the exam/coursework module this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Well, yeah - why should they predict you more than you've proven you can achieve? :confused:
    i got a D in sociology and predicted a B.

ReputationRep:
    I have been predicted the same as I got at AS for every subject. I know people who've been predicted two grades below. Tough **** I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)
    If you wanted an A, you should have got an A. Why should you be predicted the same as people who didnt **** up? It kind of makes predictions pointless if everybody is given A's anyway.
    my life counts on this predicted grade.

i dont want to end up going south bank you know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foreignersuite)
    i got a D in sociology and predicted a B.
    Some people would argue that's not a good practice, though.

ReputationRep:
    Right,

So my history teacher has to give me a predticed grade for government and politcs due to my politics teacher leaving the college. I now have a new politics teacher, but she doesnt know my capability.

Any advice guys?
    i was pretty much same situation for physics got ABC and was predicted a B, i just went to the teacher and said, i feel i underachieved at AS and without a doubt i will be working 10x harder for my A2 and i will be resitting one of my lowest marked exam now would i really be doing that if i wasnt aiming for an A job done

ReputationRep:

Then you shouldn't have gotten a D.

ReputationRep:
    If "you feel your potential is higher", why didn't you get an A last year? Coupled with the fact A2 is harder...seems perfectly fair. All these people who beg for an A just to get some offers, then don't get the A and go to clearing...waste o' time.

ReputationRep:
    Initially I was going to say No it's absolutely bang out of order; until I read that you got a D in your second unit. And so now my opinion has changed a litttle and a B is quite reasonable. Just work extra hard to prove them-and us-all wrong mate and get that A.

ReputationRep:
    Right,

Any advice guys?

Statistically, your predicted grade is more likely to be too high rather than too low.
    "Just 45% of predicted grades are accurate - 47% are over-predictions and 9% under-predictions."UCAS survey
    If your grades are overpredicted you won't get into unis you apply to.

ReputationRep:
    I got predicted DDD althougth my AS grades were CCC in bio chemistry and maths

I asked my teacher if they coud change it answer was no :\

ReputationRep:
    Tbh they are being perfectly reasonable- from my experience you are more likely to go down a grade at A2, even if the resit improves your AS grade. E.g. I retook one of my AS politics units, got my AS up to a B overall and still ended up wth a C at A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doubledog)
    If your grades are overpredicted you won't get into unis you apply to.
    That makes very little sense.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.