Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    basically im doing my history coursework and I have a whole load of sources and I've acknowledged the historians in my footnotes, but i don't know if I need to ackowledge the sources I've used too? :confused: and how the hell do you do a bilbiography!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcharchar)
    basically im doing my history coursework and I have a whole load of sources and I've acknowledged the historians in my footnotes, but i don't know if I need to ackowledge the sources I've used too? :confused: and how the hell do you do a bilbiography!?
    you can do it like books do, for instance whenever there is a quote or a source you need to put in bibligraphy, put a small number on it(1) and at the very end write what each number stands for.

1 - TSR advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcharchar)
    Chicago style, you can google it and it will explain in detail but basically, your bibliography has to go, for example,
    Tobias, J. Nineteenth-Century Crime. GB: David & Charles ltd, 1972

no need to acknowledge each individual source!

The footnotes ought contain the book details (or an abbreviated version) and the page number whilst in the body of the essay you ought write who is speaking and when as context to your argument!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.