The Student Room Group

how to do a bibliography and footnotes

basically im doing my history coursework and I have a whole load of sources and I've acknowledged the historians in my footnotes, but i don't know if I need to ackowledge the sources I've used too? :confused: and how the hell do you do a bilbiography!?
Reply 1
Original post by charcharchar
basically im doing my history coursework and I have a whole load of sources and I've acknowledged the historians in my footnotes, but i don't know if I need to ackowledge the sources I've used too? :confused: and how the hell do you do a bilbiography!?

you can do it like books do, for instance whenever there is a quote or a source you need to put in bibligraphy, put a small number on it(1) and at the very end write what each number stands for.

1 - TSR advice.
Original post by charcharchar

Chicago style, you can google it and it will explain in detail but basically, your bibliography has to go, for example,
Tobias, J. Nineteenth-Century Crime. GB: David & Charles ltd, 1972

no need to acknowledge each individual source!

The footnotes ought contain the book details (or an abbreviated version) and the page number whilst in the body of the essay you ought write who is speaking and when as context to your argument!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending