Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,
    A couple of months ago my A-Level Biology Tutor, Dr. Richard Spencer was given an MBE in the New Years honours list for his contribution to Science.

Doc's a really great guy and fortunately for my college, we've had the joy of countless songs to aid our learning. He's been on TV doing the Mitosis Mamba aswell as the others which have graced our Biology lessons such as the DNA Boogie, Nephron! (A revolutionary attempt at making Sex Bomb his own) and a take on "I am what I am" by Gloria Gaynor! Some of them may sound bizzare, but you do find yourself singing "I am what I am I am my own special equation, image size over actual size times magnification" in an exam!

Recently, he has submitted his latest "creation", a song about the features of the heart, to O2 Learning to share with the world!

It's a really good revision tool, it's for a good cause and it's worth a watch if anything (and a vote of 5 Stars)! It's a rare glimpse into the world of our monday morning tutorials, if only you could see the dance that goes with!

https://www.o2learn.co.uk/o2_video.php?vid=355

ReputationRep:
    Lol, interresting. Did he get his award for his music is my question

ReputationRep:
    Haha! No sadly, it was for Science Communication or something like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bannem)
    Hi Everyone,
    A couple of months ago my A-Level Biology Tutor, Dr. Richard Spencer was given an MBE in the New Years honours list for his contribution to Science.

Doc's a really great guy and fortunately for my college, we've had the joy of countless songs to aid our learning. He's been on TV doing the Mitosis Mamba aswell as the others which have graced our Biology lessons such as the DNA Boogie, Nephron! (A revolutionary attempt at making Sex Bomb his own) and a take on "I am what I am" by Gloria Gaynor! Some of them may sound bizzare, but you do find yourself singing "I am what I am I am my own special equation, image size over actual size times magnification" in an exam!

Recently, he has submitted his latest "creation", a song about the features of the heart, to O2 Learning to share with the world!

It's a really good revision tool, it's for a good cause and it's worth a watch if anything (and a vote of 5 Stars)! It's a rare glimpse into the world of our monday morning tutorials, if only you could see the dance that goes with!

https://www.o2learn.co.uk/o2_video.php?vid=355
    Least subtle advertising ever. We're not stupid, you know.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it probably is a little cheeky of me! For that i'll apologise!

Like said, if anything it's just a good revision tool and abit of fun!
    • PS Helper

I want to cry now. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for sharing,hope you don t mind if I share it with others

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.