Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people close their eyes when they kiss?? Watch

it feels so unnatural and weird cos you can't see anything, surely it's just something they do in the movies?? (possibly cos they actors find the actresses ugly or vice versa) :confused:

bump

ReputationRep:
    Maybe this?
    (Original post by Random website)
    1. You wouldn’t want to see what you look like while kissing, so neither would your partner;

2. Your brain can’t make your tongue swirl around if your eyes are moving at the same time. It’s the same principle as trying to pat your head while using your other hand to go in circles over your belly;

3. It’s weird enough to kiss with your eyes open, but even weirder to make moaning sounds;

4. It’s bad for your eyeballs to look that close at anything;

5. For females, it ruins everything if you’re fantasizing about Brad Pitt when you’re staring at something closer to Steve Buscemi;

6. For males, if you’re kissing in the middle of intercourse, with your eyes closed it’s easier to imagine baseball;

7. With your eyes open, your lover’s nose looks bigger than the Chrysler Building
    Edit:
    Its unnatural to have your eyes open, my eyes have always began to close when i kiss and i would have to FORCE myself to keep them open in a way, i dont see how people can think keeping them open is normal? ><

ReputationRep:
    I personally think it feels more unnatural to have your eyes open.
    You go cross-eyed because your so close to their face...not attractive

ReputationRep:
    Staring is rude. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt want to look straight into their eyes when I'm that close incase I went cross eyed or something.

ReputationRep:
    i tried with eyes open and it is weird trust me.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a concious thing :dontknow:

I guess in general people don't look that close at things. I just think it would feel weird!

ReputationRep:
    I don't always close my eyes. It's a bit odd to see the other person's face so close and out of focus, though.

ReputationRep:
    So they can really savour that delicious saliva taste.

ReputationRep:
    Go an Inch away from someone's face. and Stare.

It's weird.

ReputationRep:
    Its pretty unnerving to be looking right at someone from a couple of centimetres away.

ReputationRep:
    They think of each others nan.

ReputationRep:
    I guess its a natural respose.. :dontknow:

Plus, staring is freaky.

:indiff:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I can't see that close, it hurts my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Try it with your eyes open. It really is the biggest turn-off ever.

ReputationRep:
    if you restrict one of your senses (in this case your sight) it heightens the sensations felt by your other sense organs - so your touch. also its strange when both your eyes are open.... where do you look? it makes it less awkward. also closing your eyes helps you stay in the moment and take in the moment and really feel all the emotions that you are feeling - especially for the girl. also its what people do in films. so when you grow up thats what you see others doing and that makes you think that thats the way it should be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    Staring is rude. :pierre:
    HAHA i love the irony of your post and your sig

And erm yeah, it's a reflex action for me; i don't even think about it

ReputationRep:
    Raging erection.

ReputationRep:
    Feels more natural to shut your eyes - then you can relax your eye muscles (too close to see anything) and really get into it.

(Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    Try it with your eyes open. It really is the biggest turn-off ever.
    And this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.