Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I must have no idea of the meaning of the word "attraction" cause I'm ****in confused Watch

ReputationRep:
    Right, that's seriously doing my head in.

A girl and a boy meet. They become friends. The girl is going back to her native country a few days later, because she's from France, and the boy stays in England. They stay in touch, chatting almost everyday on facebook, and sometimes on the phone.
    The boy thinks the girl is "pretty" , "hot" and more recently told her she "looked amazing". He tells her about aboslutely everything, and told her he loved her (in a friendly way anyway). He says he doesnt know what he'd do without her, says he loves the messages he gets from her in the middle of the night, says he loves when she come up with amazing ideas that makes him daydream for hours. He feels sad and bad when he knows she's upset. Basically, she's his best friend, and he cares about her A LOT.
    Now, the girl is obviously interested in that guy, a lot, she knows they can't be together though, for the moment, as she doesnt live in England and that long distance relationships don't work (very often). She's going to move to England next year though, so she hopes it can work out.
    BUT. The boy doesnt seem to even think about being with her.

So, please, someone explains me what the matter is. I thought being attracted to someone was about : look (check) and if you get along with the other person (check and double check)

I'm lost, confused, and I wonder if that kind of thing ever happened to you? And if you think there's a chance he starts considering it once we'll be standing face to face again ?

ReputationRep:
    Funny this kind of thing happens all the time however usually the other way around. First time I've heard this happen to a girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law123mus)
    Funny this kind of thing happens all the time however usually the other way around. First time I've heard this happen to a girl.
    Lucky me then, aha.
    He's the one being complicated when everything could be so damn simple..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.