Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

50 years on Coronation Street Appreciation Watch

ReputationRep:
    Decided to create this because surely there needs to be a thread dedicated to the biggest soap in the country and longest soap in the world: Coronation Street watched by millions.

Monday, I think will mark the tram crash. From the promotions, Rita is on the floor in the kabin- I got a bit upset, It is all about the oldies...Rita is amazing, hope she is not dead...

ReputationRep:
    I was reading Digital Spy before, and it's amazing just how many people are potentially dead! In fact, there are hardly any who you can say are definitely still alive!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    I was reading Digital Spy before, and it's amazing just how many people are potentially dead! In fact, there are hardly any who you can say are definitely still alive!!
    Pete Barlow needs to die- everything there is some sort of alcohol problem involved.
    Hope Tina goes- she is incredibly annoying.

If anything, happens to Rita, Emily and Norris, the oldies, I would be upset. It is weird.

Gary was pretty distraught. Eddie Windass is a legend-hope they don't kill him off. Anna Windass- is relatable in the fact there are many like her.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/...reviewspecial/

Promo of the tram disaster.

Hope someone helps Rita.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Male_Melons)
    Pete Barlow needs to die- everything there is some sort of alcohol problem involved.

If anything, happens to Rita, Emily and Norris, the oldies, I would be upset. It is weird.

Gary was pretty distraught. Eddie Windass is a legend-hope they don't kill him off. Anna Windass- is relatable in the fact there are many like her.
    I think one out of Peter/Nick/Leanne will die.. don't know why I think that, just get the feeling the love triangle is about to break! Little Simon better not

I don't think Tina is going, she's going to work behind the bar at the Rovers and apparently she's supposed to be like the new Bet Lynch, so I think they have stories planned for her..

I like the Windass family! So fingers crossed they'll be fine!!

Apparently Fiz goes into labour and her life is at risk because of that- so maybe she'll die and it won't be related to the crash..

On the trailers it says "Four Funerals and a Wedding" though, so maybe P.N.L don't die! I don't know Too excited!

ReputationRep:
    I found the whole tram crash absolutely hilarious! That tram driver better get a facebook group :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura-rad)
    I found the whole tram crash absolutely hilarious! That tram driver better get a facebook group :yep:
    Yeah, apparently they spent a million pounds on the scene yet it looked so fake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura-rad)
    Haha, same. I was laughing the whole way through. They need to learn a few tips from Eastenders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGuy)
    Haha, same. I was laughing the whole way through. They need to learn a few tips from Eastenders.
    Glad I wasn't the only one. Must admit, I only watch the soaps when they have the big explosions, so don't really care about any of the characters!

ReputationRep:
    The bit where the end of the tram is somehow in the air and swings down onto the house or something looked a bit pathetic. But the driver, oh god I laughed. I did like the camera shot that was stolen from jaws.

Still, good for a soap budget I suppose. Liked the 'hyperactive' montage before the accident though

I don't like Corrie but I must admit, that did upstaged the explosion of the Queen Vic. What would have made the scene look a lot better was if half of it didn't look so darn fake :lol

I mean, Molly when she was running from the tram that ridiculously floppy doll she was holding! But the driver...what a Kodak moment :teehee:

**** the tram crash, the best bit of the night was when Tyrone called Molly an "evil ****."

ReputationRep:
        Anyone watching the live show? I want to see if anyone will fluff up their lines!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Pisces94)
        Anyone watching the live show? I want to see if anyone will fluff up their lines!
        I did. They did pretty good. It was perfect mostly.

Far superior than Eastenders.

ReputationRep:
        That episode was so sad. I want to watch tomorrow's now, I really hope Rita gets found in time, but I doubt she will because of the whole 'four funerals and a wedding' thing, it adds up right.

ReputationRep:

Dont you just think she is great too look at though?

ReputationRep:
        I did. They did pretty good. It was perfect mostly.

Far superior than Eastenders.
        I know, I was waiting for someone to mess their lines but no one did, they did great

(Remembering the time when Scott Maslen fluffed up :rofl:)

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Stringer987)
        Dont you just think she is great too look at though?
        Great to look at. Sometimes, she becomes annoying.

I am glad Peter and Molly is gone.
        Sunnita and Dev surrived

Someone please save Rita.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Pisces94)
        I know, I was waiting for someone to mess their lines but no one did, they did great

(Remembering the time when Scott Maslen fluffed up :rofl:)

lol.

It is true. Coronation Street raped Eastenders. They did great. I am so proud being a northerner.

ReputationRep:
        f*** u

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.