Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I know more white people that have been racially attacked than any other race Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd make a contribution to tsr, it's been a while.

The general consensus of non-white ethnic communities in the UK tends to be that they are the victims of racial abuse, and "the evil white people" are always causing the problems. Now this isn't to say that non-whites never experience racism, but in my lifetime, I have seen many more white people attacked for being white than any other race. At my secondary school for example, one of my friends was nearly expelled because when a group of about 10 East Asian kids (and their cousins) decided that they didn't like his lisp, they decided that they would make up that he'd been racist, and report him for it. Just to bring up another example, walking through High Barnet a month or two ago, I was waiting for a friend, when a group of about 20 (probably North African) kids decided that they would play taunt the white guy.

Those are 2 of many, many experiences. Anyone else been in a similar situation?

NothingCrushesUs

edit.
    People are commenting on how well I've conducted my "research" and whatnot, so thanks to Bakerzoid for providing the following: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_an...United_Kingdom

ReputationRep:
    Probably because you know more white people than any other race.

ReputationRep:
    Very scientific. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    beat me to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    Erm, no. My friends/all my schools have been very ethnically diverse.

ReputationRep:
    Anecdotes are worthless on the whole.

Also I'm not sure what this thread is for? :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_master)
    Anecdotes are worthless on the whole.

Also I'm not sure what this thread is for? :iiam:
    In case you didn't notice the huge surge of "WH!TE PEEPLE ARE EVIL" over the last week, well, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    LOL.

ReputationRep:
    I love the effort you put into your research.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NothingCrushesUs)
    Erm, no. My friends/all my schools have been very ethnically diverse.
    This country is 90% white. There are more white people in jail than other races, more white people killed, more white people mugged, more white authors, more white bankers. That doesn't mean that white people are more likely to have these things happen to them. It just means there are more white people.

ReputationRep:
    I like to play taunt with me and my friends, weeeeeeeeeee tra la la la so much fun

ReputationRep:
    Due to the fact the 97% of the UK is white, does it not surprise you?

I'd advise you to do a statistics GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    stupid f***ing whities thinking they can come over here and steal our jobs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bakerzoid)
    The latest statistics on this subject agree with you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_an...United_Kingdom

In June 2010 The Sunday Telegraph, through a Freedom of Information Act request, obtained statistics on accusations of crime broken down by race from the Metropolitan Police Service.[n 2] The figures showed that the majority of males who were accused of violent and sexual crimes (including those subsequently acquitted) in 2009–10 were black. Of the recorded 18,091 such accusations against males, 54 percent accused of street crimes were black; for robbery, 59 percent; for gun crimes, 67 percent; and for sexual offences, 32 percent.[27] Street crimes include muggings, assault with intent to rob, and snatching property. Black males accounted for 29 percent of the male victims of gun crime and 24 percent of the male victims of knife crime.[27] Similar statistics were recorded for females. On knife crime, 45 percent of suspected female perpetrators were black; for gun crime, 58 percent; and for robberies, 52 percent.

The problem is because of political correctness such evidence is suppressed.
    What does any of that have to do with being racially attacked?

ReputationRep:
    oh cool

weirdly enough my family knows basicially only brown people who've been abused

anecdotes are fickle mistresses, no?

ReputationRep:
    okie dokie

ReputationRep:
    Just an example earlier this year i was going to my friends house and some prat took some 8 year olds ball then started some rascist stuff i walk over like wtf he starts saying some stuff im not repeating he gives the ball back later my i was walking home with my little brother and a different prat said to the police that my brother was threatening them with this stick he was carrying (kids generally pick up stuff) and crap (he was 10) so i get into it with the police he puts the stick down

ReputationRep:
    this is ridiculous. I'm assuming you're white? Growing up in Holland and England I can tell you that I've always had racism. You said that someone of asian origin accused someone of being racist- that's not racist, it's just dumbass & i hope the white guy didn't just stand there & take it. But it's ridiculous to say that white people get more racism, unless you've actually had people coming up to you & degrading you BECAUSE you're white- which I've never seen happen, you've got nada. seriously, go up to a black person & ask the how much stick they got in the last year

ReputationRep:
    because it's true but no one will admit it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.