Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    to an A* in GCSE maths?

What is the best way to revise. I use mathswatch and then practice from books, i plan on doing past papers a few months prior to my exams?

thanks guys,,,, much appreciated....

ReputationRep:
    Revision guides, videos on YouTube possibly, MathsWatch is great, then past papers. Once you've learnt everything on the syllabus do the past papers and mark them using the mark schemes, look at what you're still weak at, learn what to do from the books and mathwatch, and do the past papers again till you're getting consistantly A*s each time you do one. Thing is with maths, once you've done all that, you're pretty much sorted to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Read your notes every night before your exams and do lots and lots of practice questions...you can't do well in maths without doing lots of practise.

ReputationRep:

No one has to know.

ReputationRep:
    Practice...Practice...Practice - Parrot Fashion. Like they say "Practice makes perfect!"

ReputationRep:
    get off your arse and do some work? GCSE is hardly hard..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pristar)
    to an A* in GCSE maths?

What is the best way to revise. I use mathswatch and then practice from books, i plan on doing past papers a few months prior to my exams?

thanks guys,,,, much appreciated....
    It is good to know that you are trying to discipline yourself to be able to get yourself from a D to an A*

Personally I am also doing the same, though i am currently in A levels and i was also getting Ds and Es and now i'm getting straight As

First- Always do all the maths papers. If you don't know how to do it, look at the mark scheme and dont just look at the answer, but look at how to GET to the answer and remember it

Second- Once you've finished with the maths paper, find another exam board and do their maths papers.

Thirdly- I love Maths. I've taken it into A levels, and I'm hoping it'll help me find a job after university Personally, the way to learn it, is to remember the steps.

Make yourself some steps for each formula. Say if you got a simple quadractic, make some steps that are easy for you to remember.

A word of warning: Pulling yourself to a better grade isn't all just that. There are many aspects of your social life that you must neglect, in the short term, to achieve this. I stay up from 5pm and dont stop studying till around 11pm with only an hour of break in the middle. This is the only way.

Sure you might get put off by Facebook, or Misfits, or Doctor Who or Scrubs etc, and watch them by all means. But you must make up for it, by studying harder.

Try shutting off the computer, and you'll see how much your grades will improve.

And if you want to go out with friends, you must choose whether you can risk losing a day's worth of revision.

These are the questions you must ask yourself. It is definetly not just "I can pull up my grades if i do this and this" attitude.

Good luck my friend.

ReputationRep:
    For me I generally look at the level up i.e at GCSE I looked at AS papers, **** myself and convinced myself that GCSE must be easy.
    Then when I did AS I had a peak at some A2 papers and was like woah, AS can't really be that hard!!

ReputationRep:
    Use Mymaths.co.uk.. Does your school have a subscription for it? If they do.. ask for the password and go on it, it gives you so much help and makes things so much easier.. I used it at GCSE and got an A, and am using it to revise for my ASs. THAT SITE WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE.

ReputationRep:
    God. not mymaths. Good if you know what you're doing, useless if you're not. As when you get the answer wrong, you are only given the correct answer and not how to get there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.