Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best cheap mascara? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I need to buy some new mascara, and was wondering if anyone could recommend any good mascara thats also quite cheap.

By cheap, I mean £5-£8.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    IF YOU BUY CHEAP, THEN YOU WILL LOOK CHEAP. trust me... i used to use cheap mascara, and then it dissolved my eyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lintu93)
    So I need to buy some new mascara, and was wondering if anyone could recommend any good mascara thats also quite cheap.

By cheap, I mean £5-£8.

Thanks
    squid ink.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise £5-£8 is cheap for mascara - that seems expensive to me! Or maybe just an average price :erm:

Annnnyway, I use http://www.boots.com/en/Maybelline-G...-Mascara_6005/ which is good

ReputationRep:
    As above, Maybelline Great lash is a classic (though it only comes in black). I currently use Rimmel sexy curves in brown/black which is quite good, as black mascara is too harsh for me.

ReputationRep:
    £5-8 is a reasonable price for a mascara to me

ReputationRep:
    The Best cheap mascara is... no mascara!

ReputationRep:
    collection 2000 stuff is really good and in that price range

ReputationRep:
    Coal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RUDEBOYBETTERKNOW)
    squid ink.
    I imagine that the difficulty of finding a squid would bring the cost up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Great Lord Xenu)
    I imagine that the difficulty of finding a squid would bring the cost up.
    are you stupid? go to a fish market. this squid still have the ink sacks. just like ur mum.

ReputationRep:
    no cheap mascara is good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    no cheap mascara is good
    As I said above, I thought £5-£8 (what the OP says is cheap) seems expensive/ average. How much do you spend and what mascara do you recommend (since I seem terribly unknowledgeable)?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, £8 is cheap, I've made like £28 before (Lancome).

My favourite cheap one is definitely http://www.ciao.co.uk/Maybelline_Def...scara__6712427

ReputationRep:
    I've been using the Maybelline Colossal Mascara for a while and its been good so far. I think it costs around 6-7 pounds, depending on where you go to but its really good.

http://www.superdrug.com/invt/532843%26bklist%3D

ReputationRep:
    this squid still have the ink sacks. just like ur mum.
    You might need to revise female biology...

Anyway, I still imagine that a squid would cost a lot more than the mascara. If you're eating it, fair enough. But otherwise, it's a pointless purchase when you could just use coal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Great Lord Xenu)
    You might need to revise female biology...

Anyway, I still imagine that a squid would cost a lot more than the mascara. If you're eating it, fair enough. But otherwise, it's a pointless purchase when you could just use coal.
    and you need to revise sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    i was going to say maybelline falsies, so it looks like maybelline is the way to go by these responses.

ReputationRep:
    its £8.99 but its very good http://www.boots.com/en/Max-Factor-M...Mascara_44951/

ReputationRep:
    and you need to revise sarcasm.
    It's not sarcasm, sir. I just wonder where you believe that the female ink sacs are located.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.