Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I am currently a 1st year undergrad at uni which I started in September.
    I'm not particularly enjoying the uni or travelling to it each day. I have found the same course at a university further away (so I could definitely get accommodation)which is starting in January, could I apply to this course or would I not be able to because I'm already in the uni system?
    thanks to anyone that can help!

    as far as i know you can apply just like everyone else, except there's an option for Entry Level 2 or year 2 or something like that. not sure if you need to explain the move in your PS or anything, or give your uni results instead of highers/A levels... if you have an adviser of studies or a guidey you could ask them?

    i'm a 1st year at the minute too, and am not at the uni i preferred to be at. i emailed the uni i want to transfer to to explain my situation first, and luckily they agreed to take me next september on fully completing and passing this year, but i still have to apply through ucas as well to get a formal offer.
    so probably best to email the uni first before sending off the ucas to explain your situation.
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni

    Graduates celebrate

    How to write a good personal statement

    Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

    Two students working together

    A-Z of universities

    Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

    A student working on a computer

    Personal statement help

    Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student looking down a microscope

    Planning open days

    Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

    Help out other students

    These questions still need an answer

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.