Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Uni Choices Help!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi im new to this forum and i would just like some advice on my university choices.
    Currently i was applying to greenwich university for civil engineering my target grades are:
    DD in BTEC engineering
    A in A level biology
    B in A level chemistry

My personal statement is also very good considering im applying too 3 different courses.
    As i have a fairly strong application i have decided that greenwich which is 110th in rankings will be a wasteful choice and looking at some entry requirments i could be able apply to UCL. I have contacted the university to see if i have a chance and am still waiting for a reply.
    If i was to apply to UCL it would be for Biochemical engineering BEng. So do you guyz think my application will have a chance in UCL if not then why and where should i apply instead of greenwich. Note i might also set the AS maths exam in June depending on how my exams go in january. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    So can no one help me? ,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bruce_Lee)
    So can no one help me? ,
    You're asking quite a specific question here and (I don't think) none of us are UCL engineering admissions tutors. Probably best to wait and see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    You're asking quite a specific question here and (I don't think) none of us are UCL engineering admissions tutors. Probably best to wait and see what they say.
    lol yes i understand that, thanks very much for the reply but some unis take very long to reply and i really want to send my appplication off.
    All im basically asking is if i was to apply to UCL with those predicted grades would i have any chance to get an offer? Im just looking for alternatives to greenwich mainly within london that my application would be appropriate at regarding the rankings.
    Iv chosen so far Queens Mary, City, Brunel, Kingston(as backup). So i just need another Uni, wouldnt it be a better strategy to go for a high ranking uni than a low one as kingston is backup and i could get lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bruce_Lee)
    lol yes i understand that, thanks very much for the reply but some unis take very long to reply and i really want to send my appplication off.
    All im basically asking is if i was to apply to UCL with those predicted grades would i have any chance to get an offer? Im just looking for alternatives to greenwich mainly within london that my application would be appropriate at regarding the rankings.
    Iv chosen so far Queens Mary, City, Brunel, Kingston(as backup). So i just need another Uni, wouldnt it be a better strategy to go for a high ranking uni than a low one as kingston is backup and i could get lucky
    Well, they ask for DDD from a BTEC National Diploma, and AAB to ABB including two of the sciences, plus a pass in an additional AS. If you take the maths AS, it think you'd probably fulfil that ... but, like I say, only they can really say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Well, they ask for DDD from a BTEC National Diploma, and AAB to ABB including two of the sciences, plus a pass in an additional AS. If you take the maths AS, it think you'd probably fulfil that ... but, like I say, only they can really say.
    ok thanks very much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.