Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for 2011. I have four other offers from Essex, Surrey, Leeds and City to do Criminology and Sociology. I am waiting on Lancaster, really want an offer here as its my first choice

ReputationRep:
    They are not the quickest to reply. I wouldn't worry though, you'll hear. Probably soon after Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    i got my offer in 3 days :/

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Nameless. Have you heard from your other choices? Which course have you chosen?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a reply yet...been waiting for 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    I got mine within about 2 weeks, but I think it depends with different courses so I wouldn't worry. I'm still waiting for York, while everyone I know has offers from there already but for different courses!

ReputationRep:
    I've waited 11 days and heard nothing, got my first rejection from a choice today though :3

ReputationRep:
    I only applied for 4 and got my other three offers within a week but it was roughly a month till I got my Lancaster one. My cousin was here a few years ago and she said they were the same. They just take a little longer, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Finally got a letter saying I'm being * recommended* for an offer today after roughly 3 weeks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Finally got a letter saying I'm being * recommended* for an offer today after roughly 3 weeks...
    I got the 'recommended for an offer' letter on the same day as the offer letter and the offer on UCAS.
    Fingers crossed for you.

ReputationRep:
    I got the 'recommended offer' letter yesterday (but it was sent on the 7th), and I applied on the 22nd of October. No official offer yet though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I got mine yesterday, after seven weeks. Rough times

ReputationRep:
    Lancaster were incredibly quick to give me my offer. They were the first one I got back. Some of my friends who applied here had to wait an awful long time for their offer (or rejection) to be given!

You'll hear from them eventually .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacko53bfc)
    I am applying for 2011. I have four other offers from Essex, Surrey, Leeds and City to do Criminology and Sociology. I am waiting on Lancaster, really want an offer here as its my first choice
    In my experience, yes They took about 3 months to answer a simple e-mail I sent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacko53bfc)
    When I applied while I was in 6th form I didn't receive an offer till January.

When I applied while on my gap year with my results already in the bag I got an unconditional offer within 2 weeks (I also received a hand written letter from the head of admissions in the post. He wanted to congratulate me on having the guts to write such a unique & honest personal statement! To give you an idea of why it was a gamble, the first line was "I'll be the first to admit that I have been an awful student for my entire life so far.")

ReputationRep:
    I received my offer about a week ago, my first, in fact.

It seems they take their time...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.