Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've ran out of my student loan/maintenance grant, and I haven't used my Natwest account yet, I went to the cashpoint the other day and it said my available balance is £250.00, but I was wondering, will this be the interest free overdraft or do I actually have to go into the branch and arrange when to pay it back etc? I can't really be bothered to go out of my way to the Natwest branch in town, with all the snow and ice and stuff outside. I get my inheritance when I'm 21, so I'd happily pay any interest-free overdrafts off then. I need this money to pay for food/going out next week, christmas presents, train home for xmas, etc. Any help or insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I had to go in and ask for mine, but £250 is generally the maximum you're allowed to withdraw from a cashpoint every day, maybe it's been given automatically, I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    How much inheritance are you getting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stasiaxx)
    How much inheritance are you getting?
    Irrelevant, enough to pay all of the debt incurred by uni though, and a bit to spare. Got it off my share of my dad's house when he passed away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dothestrand)
    I had to go in and ask for mine, but £250 is generally the maximum you're allowed to withdraw from a cashpoint every day, maybe it's been given automatically, I don't know.
    Might go and withdraw £10, then see if it still says "Available Balance - £250" tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JBlackbird)
    Irrelevant, enough to pay all of the debt incurred by uni though, and a bit to spare. Got it off my share of my dad's house when he passed away.
    I'm sorry about your dad, my friends mum passed away and he's spoken to the bank and i think he's got a £1000 limit for his overdraft

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.