Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    is that mean I only need to take this interview and I will know the result after that?, anyone have experiences to share.... this is like very long interview and anything I can do?Is the Numerical Reasoning Test in the AC the same with the online Numerical Reasoning Test?

We are pleased to confirm the below details for the next round of the recruitment process for the 2011 Graduate Training Program. This is the final stage of the recruitment process and gives us an opportunity to learn more about you. It also provides you with the chance to learn more about UBS and the business area you have applied to.

Please note that there is limited space available on the day so we will schedule individuals on a fist come first serve basis.

Your IT Graduate assessment centre is booked for:
    Date: 9th December
    Time: 09:15 to 17:15
    Duration: approximately 8 hours
    Upon arrival at reception please ask for **********. Please ensure you arrive 15 minutes prior to your start time.

Brief descriptions of the exercises you will be undertaking at the assessment centre are listed below. Please note that prior preparation for the presentation and group exercise is not required.

Numerical reasoning assessment and Technical Programming Aptitude Test

The numerical reasoning assessment consists of 40 multiple choice questions which are designed to assess your ability to evaluate numerical data using facts and figures presented in various statistical tables. If you wish to complete practice questions prior to your assessment please go to http://www.shl.com/SHL/en-int/CandidateHelpline/. If you would like to complete your assessment in a language other than English, please notify us of your language preference prior to your assessment day and we will do our best to accommodate your preference.

The Technical Programming Aptitude test is a test of your ability to pick up programming languages, it is not a test of your knowledge of programming languages. Prior preparation is not required.

Please ensure that you bring your own calculator with you on the day, for use during the numerical reasoning assessment.

Presentation Exercise: You will be asked to prepare and deliver a short presentation to one assessor based on some background information. This information will be presented at the beginning of the preparation time for you to read and analyse. You will also be questioned by the assessor on the conclusions and recommendations you present.

Interview: One or two line managers from the business will conduct a competency based interview with you where you will be asked to describe real examples of things that you have done in the past that demonstrate your suitability for a role with UBS.

Group Exercise: You will be presented some background information to read. You will then be asked to take part in a group discussion with other participants on the assessment centre in order to achieve a team objective.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah this should be your last round of the recruitment process, and you should know after this day.

It's 8 hours because it's an assessment centre day not just an interview. So as it says in the email, there are tests, presentations, group work and interviews.

This may help a little bit http://www.wikijob.co.uk/wiki/ubs-interview-questions

Well done and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam1990)
    Yeah this should be your last round of the recruitment process, and you should know after this day.

It's 8 hours because it's an assessment centre day not just an interview. So as it says in the email, there are tests, presentations, group work and interviews.

This may help a little bit http://www.wikijob.co.uk/wiki/ubs-interview-questions

Well done and good luck!
    Thanks I was very excited when I receive this, will do my best for this
    just wonder Is the Numerical Reasoning Test in the AC the same with the online Numerical Reasoning Test? (only more questions)

ReputationRep:
    There's going to be a lot of group work / case studies I'd imagine, so you need to be prepared for effectively working in a team. It's important to get your point across but to also allow others to speak, and especially important to encourage the quieter candidates to come out of their shell and speak up too. Don't overpower the conversation, but make sure you stand out.

Also you should practice your presentation skills. This is really important!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franklee006)
    Upon arrival at reception please ask for Easterlyn Swill.
    :toofunny: pahahahaha wtf kind of a name is that :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    :toofunny: pahahahaha wtf kind of a name is that :lol:
    be respect ! I know is funny... when I first saw it

ReputationRep:
    Hi Frank!
    you have mail
    did you got my msg!
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franklee006)
    is that mean I only need to take this interview and I will know the result after that?, anyone have experiences to share.... this is like very long interview and anything I can do?Is the Numerical Reasoning Test in the AC the same with the online Numerical Reasoning Test?

We are pleased to confirm the below details for the next round of the recruitment process for the 2011 Graduate Training Program. This is the final stage of the recruitment process and gives us an opportunity to learn more about you. It also provides you with the chance to learn more about UBS and the business area you have applied to.

Please note that there is limited space available on the day so we will schedule individuals on a fist come first serve basis.

Your IT Graduate assessment centre is booked for:
    Date: 9th December
    Time: 09:15 to 17:15
    Duration: approximately 8 hours
    Upon arrival at reception please ask for **********. Please ensure you arrive 15 minutes prior to your start time.

Brief descriptions of the exercises you will be undertaking at the assessment centre are listed below. Please note that prior preparation for the presentation and group exercise is not required.

Numerical reasoning assessment and Technical Programming Aptitude Test

The numerical reasoning assessment consists of 40 multiple choice questions which are designed to assess your ability to evaluate numerical data using facts and figures presented in various statistical tables. If you wish to complete practice questions prior to your assessment please go to http://www.shl.com/SHL/en-int/CandidateHelpline/. If you would like to complete your assessment in a language other than English, please notify us of your language preference prior to your assessment day and we will do our best to accommodate your preference.

The Technical Programming Aptitude test is a test of your ability to pick up programming languages, it is not a test of your knowledge of programming languages. Prior preparation is not required.

Please ensure that you bring your own calculator with you on the day, for use during the numerical reasoning assessment.

Presentation Exercise: You will be asked to prepare and deliver a short presentation to one assessor based on some background information. This information will be presented at the beginning of the preparation time for you to read and analyse. You will also be questioned by the assessor on the conclusions and recommendations you present.

Interview: One or two line managers from the business will conduct a competency based interview with you where you will be asked to describe real examples of things that you have done in the past that demonstrate your suitability for a role with UBS.

Group Exercise: You will be presented some background information to read. You will then be asked to take part in a group discussion with other participants on the assessment centre in order to achieve a team objective.
    Are you applying for technology? Or do they throw in programming stuff in for fun?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.