Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"EDL march forces cancellation of kids' panto" Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/l...itch_1_1676183

I wonder if there will be any alterations in the scripts given the turn of events?

ReputationRep:
    EDL should be changed to ELD - English League of ********s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rhyus)

I wonder if there will be any alterations in the scripts given the turn of events?
    Adam Uren who refers to Peterborough as a 'backwater' on Twitter and goes by the nick 'Sexclock' on Bebo? What is someone like him doing selectively reporting on the goings on in Peterborough, a place he clearly resents? There are so many uninvited immigrants in Peterborough I can't see why he doesn't think it is vibrant as hell.

80% of the genuine English people in Peterborough are sick and tired of mass immigration and about the same number support the EDL, and they are happy to go to a different panto if it opposes the ethnic displacement of the ancient English population of Peterborough, even if this Adam Uren character isn't..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kickflip)
    80% of the genuine English people in Peterborough are sick and tired of mass immigration
    It's true what they stay about 90% of statistics, isn't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    It's true what they stay about 90% of statistics, isn't?

ReputationRep:
    You lot should try living in Peterborough for 18 years and see if you're so opposed to EDL then.

ReputationRep:
    So that's actually safety-cautious theatre managers forcing the cancellation of a kids' panto?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, because protests never disrupt stuff.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rhyus)

Much as I despise the crap they come out with whats your point? Its their democratic right to march.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kickflip)
    Adam Uren who refers to Peterborough as a 'backwater' on Twitter and goes by the nick 'Sexclock' on Bebo? What is someone like him doing selectively reporting on the goings on in Peterborough, a place he clearly resents? There are so many uninvited immigrants in Peterborough I can't see why he doesn't think it is vibrant as hell.

80% of the genuine English people in Peterborough are sick and tired of mass immigration and about the same number support the EDL, and they are happy to go to a different panto if it opposes the ethnic displacement of the ancient English population of Peterborough, even if this Adam Uren character isn't..

I see well considering that Peterborough is 86.8% white...

So 80% of 86.8% is 69.44% of the population....

So surely the EDL should be winning elections there with at least a 65%+ majority? :rofl:

Also, I'd have said Peterborough is a backwater...

ReputationRep:
    Watch a video on Youtube called 'The Poles are coming', BBC Documentary. From this you will see that migration to my City has much more negatives than positives. It's so annoying seeing people support Multiculturalism when they've probably lived in a nice, pretty Southwest town or something where they haven't had to experience the problem. Look throughout history, forced mixture of cultures always ends in racial tension or violence.

As I said, try living here and then be SO opposed to the EDL.

ReputationRep:
    Arghh I was out around Blackburn Friday night and there were EDLers in Cheers bar all night, and out in the streets causing trouble. They just ruin everything. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    I see well considering that Peterborough is 86.8% white...

So 80% of 86.8% is 69.44% of the population....

So surely the EDL should be winning elections there with at least a 65%+ majority? :rofl:

Also, I'd have said Peterborough is a backwater...
    The EDl aren't a political party

ReputationRep:
    The EDL are against Islamification...I don't see what's wrong with that viewpoint, it's our country after all. Trouble is they're just let down by the hooligans and the constant battering from Left-wing media. I'll say it again, live in Peterborough or the vast majority of Cities in the Midlands and you'll soon realise they're onto something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 90pies an hour)
    The EDl aren't a political party

Yes they are, they've stood for council seats.

That aside if you're going to be pedantic about that point, then read EDL as BNP...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barksy)
    Watch a video on Youtube called 'The Poles are coming', BBC Documentary. From this you will see that migration to my City has much more negatives than positives. It's so annoying seeing people support Multiculturalism when they've probably lived in a nice, pretty Southwest town or something where they haven't had to experience the problem. Look throughout history, forced mixture of cultures always ends in racial tension or violence.

As I said, try living here and then be SO opposed to the EDL.
    I support multiculturalism and I live in East London.

Where is the racial tension/violence?

ReputationRep:
    The EDL are against Islamification...I don't see what's wrong with that viewpoint, it's our country after all. Trouble is they're just let down by the hooligans and the constant battering from Left-wing media. I'll say it again, live in Peterborough or the vast majority of Cities in the Midlands and you'll soon realise they're onto something.
    In that case I'm sure they will have no issue with predominantly Catholic Poles residing in Peterborough then?

I live in London - where a much higher proportion of the population is Islamic compared to in the 'Cities in the Midlands'.

Yet how come they aren't 'onto something' in London as much? Strange, huh?

ReputationRep:
    You lot should try living in Peterborough for 18 years and see if you're so opposed to EDL then.
    I've lived here for 18 years and it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

ReputationRep:
    This is the ULTIMATE crime against humanity beyond doubt.

ReputationRep:
    The EDL don't give us very many reasons to like them do they. Then again, when their average IQ is in the low thirties, we can't expect anything different.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.