Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Baso, smashed my Xperia up pretty bad. I was able to get some pretty good money for it still online, about £100, but I had information I REALLY needed on my phone and I had spent a lot of money on apps.

I said this when I went to put my phone in for repair, I was only doing it so I could get my information back and I stressed how important it was. I also told them how I was only doing it through 02 because then my warranty will still be intact

Go to collect my phone today, happy as larry, switch my phone on - wtf.
    It's a whole new interface which I'm still figuring out how to work, I have NOTHING on it.
    I'm soooo angry. It was only the screen that was smashed, why the hell do anything else. I had specifically not updated to new versions. Stupid letter with it said how it had been updated as if it was a good thing.

As well as this my warranty is also not valid now. I could have got it repaired at half the price anywhere else, I only did it at 02 so the warranty would still be there!

God I'm so angry, I stressed to them how important the information was and how I needed it, plus I can hardly work my phone?!

What will happen if I go back in all guns blazing?

ReputationRep:
    infomation...? you make it sound like some secret Goverment documents. get over it

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure they'll have told you somewhere to backup your phone before sending it in for repair.

If they didn't, it's because it's common sense. Why would you not back it up?? They may have just given you a refurb unit, didn't you think that could happen..?

ReputationRep:
    But I asked them not to.
    And it's health information, I had to keep track of stuff on a calendar for my doctor, now I don't have it.
    They should have said, it's not common sense when I specifically told them why I was getting it repaired and that I NEEDED the info.

ReputationRep:
    so the only place you put this "extremely important" information was your phone calender? nice one

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it pretty obvious to backup any data when sending an electronic device in to be repaired?
    If it was one of the newer android based xperias, then just log into your google account on your computer and I think the calender stuff should be there.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.