Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm new to the forum and only signed up because I'm stuck with titration. Apparently I'm stuck with the easiest question on the sheet which worries me a bit. I've made a print screen of what I've done so far on the question but can someone check over it and tell me where im going wrong. Chemistry isn't my subject im more of a biologist and psychologist. Ignore some of the stupid notes in the print screen image below. Its too try and get the stuff to get into my mind.

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    You worked out the number of moles of the potassium hydroxide correctly however you need to divide by 2 to find the number of moles of sulphuric acid since you have half the number of moles of sulphuric acid compared to KOH.

ReputationRep:
    For the final bit, the volume of the sulphuric acid is 25ml not 18.4ml.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheyTookOurJobs)
    Wouldnt it be ...

H2SO4 = 0.2 moles with a volume of 0.0025 dm^3

And Concentation = moles/Volume which makes 80 mol dm^-3
    ? where did you get the 0.2moles from?, 0.4M means 0.4moll-1 not 0.4 moles. And an acid that concentrated would be very dangerous indeed..., you would never use something like that in a normal school lab even if it's even possible to make it. It would be very unlikely that the concentration would be that high.

ReputationRep:
    I got 0.1472. But for some reason when you got that you carried on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sani-Insanity)
    I got 0.1472. But for some reason when you got that you carried on.
    That's the same answer that I got ie 0.1472M however I think the op got the number due to a mistake in thinking that he was using the concentration of acid to work out concentration of KOH.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.