Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

wanted new facebook picture and this happens... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was given a CD with pictures my pictures of an event i went to. I was looking at them and my computer froze and it then asked me are you ure you want to import the pictures? i pressed cancel and now all of a sudden all the pcitures are gone from teh cd and it says the cd is empty!

is there anyway to get them back???? they were only on the cd? it not like i even presed delete they just went randomly.

i was really looking forward to putting them on facebook ive been waiting ages and now this happens.. help computer genuises!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a112)
    it then asked me are you ure you want to import the pictures? i pressed cancel

i was really looking forward to putting them on facebook ive been waiting ages and now this happens.. help computer genuises!
    you contradicted yourself there, evidently you weren't desperate to upload them, you were punished by your PC for your indecisiveness :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Um, you cant just delete them from a CD in an instant

ReputationRep:
    Use something like Recuva, though I'm not sure if it'd still be able to recover the pics since it was from a CD but it works with recovering pics n stuff even if it isn't saved onto the PC so I dunno...

ReputationRep:
    ohhh cant eem to find a software to recover files from cd

ReputationRep:
    This, its confusing but works!
    info:
    http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
    download:
    http://download.cnet.com/TestDisk-Ph...-10511775.html

ReputationRep:
    thanks im going to try downloading it and see if it works if it does i owe u !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.