Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I would make this a poll if I had any idea how to. I get a lot of grief and get called a slut by my friends, because when I'm drunk, i tend to do stupid things, and sleep with people i don't really know, but i never ever pretend i want anything more with them. They act like it is some kind of crime to be sexually free. However, I feel like they totally over look the fact that one of my mates flirts with loads of boys, makes them thinks she likes them, meets up with them, but doesnt necessarily get sexual with them. Then, when they start to fall in love with her, she just ditches them and starts to be really mean.

In short, what is more slutty:
    1) Sleeping with people but never pretending you want more
    2) Leading people on, making them think they want something special, then ditching them.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ummm you're a slut, she's a *****. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    I thought 'slutty' actually included sex acts...

ReputationRep:
    A slut doesn't necessarily need to lead people on. She simply sleeps around. :pimp:

ReputationRep:
    Probably one. 2 just makes you a *****.
    I'd prefer you to be the first as my friend, as 2 is mean. 1 isn't exactly traditional, but hey, free will and all that...

P.S. Your friend doesn't seem all sunshine and buttercups either, to call you a slut.

ReputationRep:
    (Click on thread tools to make a poll)

2 is more twatish than slutty. I think people should be able to sleep with whoever they want.

I think what makes someone slutty is bragging about how many people they've slept with etc.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you know they're clear that you don't want more I don't think it's too bad. Well, assuming you're not just dishing it out.

The second one is definitely worse, but I wouldn't call it slutty. Seems that she's just a bit of a *****, to be honest. Can't stand it when people are like that.

What you're doing probably comes across as more slutty but as long as everyone is happy, nothing bad is coming out of it, so just don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    OP: if you're honest with the people you sleep with then I don't think there is anything wrong with being that sexually free, so no you are NOT a slut. But if you are only doing this when drunk perhaps your friends are concerned that you're not fully in control when doing so - it just feels a bit dodgy/dangerous.

The person you mentioned isn't a slut, just manipulative.

ReputationRep:
    Your friend is worse than you. Are you enjoying the sleeping around? In which case it's okay if it is done in mutual respect, but i doubt these guys have much respect for you (i'm assuming/generalising), but if your okay with it then you're not at all a bad person.

Things go wrong though if you are not okay/get hurt by this/need or crave attention but really i think you have a healthier approach than your mate who is clearly ****ed up and is ****ing nice guys over with her need for their attention. This will no doubt lead them to have issues/**** other girls over. So yeah, i prefer you to her.

Sorry for the crap advice and pressumptions.

ReputationRep:
    2 is worse but 1 is more slutty because you can't be a slut without sleeping around

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a slut. Stop trying to justify it...slut lol

(Is there EVER a moment where H&R threads aren't on the front page?)

ReputationRep:
    'Sexually liberated' is a good term, but you are pissing all over it by calling your behavior exactly that. First you say you act stupid, then you say you are 'liberated'? Own up to it. Nothing wrong with having sex, but you can hardly enjoy lots of orgasms when drunk and with a stranger. it's okay to have a few slip ups when you're young and can't take much alcohol, but after it's already happened, maybe time to learn?
    Slut is a word mostly used by bitter and frustrated females who can't mind their own business. Your friend is probably an immature attention seeker, which is why she behaves like she does to you and to guys. Stop caring about words or labels, just start taking care of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    1 is technically more slutty, but 2 is much harsher.

ReputationRep:
    Why does the word slut even exist? Why punish people for sleeping around? What is wrong with sleeping around if people are safe and respectful? FFS, society! :rolleyes:

but the thing is, i know im a slut i can admit to it, but she denies it when someone says anything about her behaviour. And I would never EVER sleep with someone i knew my friends liked, whereas she always flirts with guys her friends like. I personally think im the better friend, but its me everyone has a go at about my behaviour

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the term slut, you're doing nothing wrong and hurting no one - she is. simples.

ReputationRep:
    Do you get paid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but the thing is, i know im a slut i can admit to it, but she denies it when someone says anything about her behaviour. And I would never EVER sleep with someone i knew my friends liked, whereas she always flirts with guys her friends like. I personally think im the better friend, but its me everyone has a go at about my behaviour
    You know you're a slut? Oh dear... :rolleyes: Why start this thread then? Why don't you challenge your friends - what harm exactly are you doing? Being sexually liberated is a great thing and I'd encourage more women to be this way as too many of them are freaked out by the idea but want to try.

(Original post by Tashalls)
    I don't like the term slut, you're doing nothing wrong and hurting no one - she is. simples.
    EXACTLY! The term slut implies you are doing something bad OP, and you're not.

ReputationRep:
    Sluts have sex.

I think the answer is obvious.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.