Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Great. First my laptop and now my PC. When I switch my PC on I get a message saying 'no input signal' followed with a double 'beep beep' noise which goes on for a bit. After reading some advice found through Google, I tried (and failed) to undo the back of the processor unit. I undid all the screws but the damn thing still wouldn't come out??! Anyways I dusted of as much dust as I could off the machine and put it back in place but still doesn't work.

I guess firstly what's up with the comp?? And secondly is there some special way of opening the back of the processor unit??

Ta.

ReputationRep:
    tea/coffee, hammer.

[apply in any order]

ReputationRep:
    Crtl+alt+delete

ReputationRep:
    ctrl alt delete when it's making the beep noises??
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Go into bios and try resetting to default settings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Go into bios and try resetting to default settings.
    I don't understand any computer technical aspects. Also my comp. doesn't switch on to a point where I can do anything, the screen is just black with this message in the middle.

ReputationRep:
    Is the monitor cable loose?

ReputationRep:
    Nope all the leads are firmly in place.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    has it got intergrated graaphics? it pre build or brand bought PC?

ReputationRep:
    brand bought I think. 2nd hand.

ReputationRep:
    The beeps are likely to be a bios error code telling you something is very wrong. It's likely to be related to CPU, RAM or Graphics card either than one of them is broken or that they've not in their slot properly.

If you can get into the system unit then you could try reseating the various components. If not it's probably time to find someone who's good with computers and/or buy a new system.

ReputationRep:
    What's the make and model of the machine? The beeps are a code, as every time you start the machine up it does something called POST, which checks the system. The beeps are telling you something's wrong, and if we can find out what the BIOS is, the 2 beeps should help find out whats wrong. Here's a useful website http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

ReputationRep:
    don't know make or model. I got it years ago and doesn't say anything on the machine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.