Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I am thinking of applying for the astrophysics undergraduate course.

I looked at the ucl’s astrophysics online timetable,here https://cmis.adcom.ucl.ac.uk:4443/ti.../routeTimet.do .if you count the total amount of hours a week,including the hours of lectures and the hours of lunch breaks,you will spend: mon 9\12.5 hours, tue 12\12.5 hours, wed 4 hours, thu 8.5\9 hours, 8.5\9 hours..in total they are between 47 and 42 hours a week.i mean,I feel like saying,are you serious?..47 hours a week spent at university
    I don’t know it this calculation is correct,because I sent ucl an email once,and they told me I would have about 20 hours of lectures a week,I also went to ucl’s study information center and the lady who was there told me I would have about 30 hours of lectures a week in the 1st year,and then less in the 2nd and 3rd years.
    So everyone is saying a different thing,and I don’t know what to think about this whole astrophysics thing.

Ok,so the question is this:I would like to know how much time a person, who is attending the astrophysics undergraduate course,spends on this course a week in total.
    At ucl they told me on top of the hours of lectures you also have the hours of tutorial times and independent hours.
    So For “in total” I mean:how many hours you spend on lectures each day,how many hours you spend on lunch breaks,how many hours you spend on tutorial times and independent hours,how many hours you spend on individual study(homework) each day.

Thank you very much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.