Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think my little brother is getting bullied Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    He's only 11 and just started secondary school. He's the only fat member of our family and his friends constantly make fun of him about it. 8/10 of his friends will end up hating him and wanting to beat him up sooner or later (he sort of asks for it though). So far he has only been in secondary school since September, and has already managed to get himself rushed (came home with a plaster on his nose and told me about it) and into like 2 fights.

What pisses me off is that when somebody hits him, he doesn't retaliate. He would never stick up for himself even though he can probably steamroll half the guys that start **** with him. Admittedly, he is a bit of a douche. He can be really insensitive sometimes and whenever I go on facebook on my family computer his one is automatically logged in - with people writing stuff like "IM GONNA BATTER U WEN I C U" on his wall. Out of curiousity, I sometimes follow these things up (behind his back obviously) by reading photo comments and stuff and as much as I hate to say this - he IS a facebook warrior. He acts hard on facebook and msn but in real life he would cry if somebody just kicked him or something.

So, on Wednesday he told me some kid in year 10 (he is in year 7) happy slapped him hard TWICE on the day. Then I walked past him to get something and couldn't help but notice him on a youtube video called 'School Bullying'. At this point it was 50-50, I wasn't FULLY convinced. But then yesterday we were talking, and I asked him "why do so much people hate you?". He replied with "Not that many people bully ... I mean hate", then I replied with "Are you getting bullied at school?" but he strongly denied it. Instead, he said "People always cuss me because I'm fat".

If he is getting bullied I want to go to his school and shake these kids up a bit so they don't touch him again, but he isn't allowing me to.

After a longer talk, I told him to make as much friends as possible and ignore the people that hate on him. I told him to stop facebook warrior'ing too and he seemed REALLY determined to make a change so I was proud for him (He actually wanted to start a fresh, and even wants to start losing weight now, lol). Then when he decided to fake ill (I know when he fakes ill) to avoid going to school I really started getting worried. He said "I got school on monday-friday then arabic school on saturday, I just want a break" so I cut him some slack.

But seriously, I've been to this BOYS' secondary school and I know exactly how these kids act. He isn't a bad person - people just see him as a weak target and pick on him, THEN he digs a deeper hole for himself.

So, erm... Would I be pushing it if I told him to ask my parents if he can move schools?

Sorry for the essay, but some will probably find it entertaining anyway... I can't go a day without worrying about him, but I really can't be ****ed to deal with a bunch of 11 year olds whilst I'm hanging from my ass with all this A-level and uni stuff

ReputationRep:
    No, you wouldn't be pushing it. Bullying can be extremely damaging, and no one should be subjected to it.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been bullied because I was fat. The way to change is to get into shape.
    Buy him a rowing machine, a used one. Put it in his room, and make him row one hour for every hour of gaming or internet he uses.

Tell him to relax

ReputationRep:
    hmm, I don't really have experience with this stuff, but a new school would give him the chance for a fresh new start and you could give him a few pointers on how to be popular (more outgoing and stuff)- so it would be a good thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    Well the only way for him to stop is for him to stop being a chump. He is still obviously gonna get the odd comment on his weight so he can either learn to deal with it or get into shape. But neither will make a difference if he keep antagonsing people.

ReputationRep:
    It is the survival of the fittest I'm afraid. Boys are very competitive. By weakening him, they strengthen their own position.

It does not end at school either. He will have to go on the offensive. Plus he will have to stop being a facebook warrior.

ReputationRep:
    Bullying can have dire consequences so you should definitely try and get it sorted. I so want you to punch some of those fools that hurt him but my head says nah thats wrong too. Prb moving school would be best advice considering its still only december and y7.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.